PDA

View Full Version : qew vs megs gc soap

Envious Eric
04-10-2006, 08:58 AM
what is the difference in using QEW in a spray bottle to soak each panel vx meguiars gold class soap and water in a bottle? Is the QEW stuff really all that more lubricant? is soap and water like megs a good substitute?

imported_topnotch
04-10-2006, 10:22 AM
the soap will leave a film on your paint and the qew will prevent that from happening. test a panel out for yourself and you will see if the soap in a bottle will so

Mikeyc
04-10-2006, 10:27 AM
the soap will leave a film on your paint and the qew will prevent that from happening. test a panel out for yourself and you will see if the soap in a bottle will so

Exactly what he said. Your choice between the two is completely dependent upon whether you want to rinse the car off afterward or not. I`m assuming you want to use the spray bottle as clay lube.

Envious Eric
04-10-2006, 11:07 AM
well, what about using megs in a bottle with water to wash the car like QEW, but only if I am going to polish the car after??? Is it a cheaper alternative for this method?

imported_topnotch
04-10-2006, 11:43 AM
You can always try it. I think the $10 for 2 bottles of qew is not that bad considering it used specifically for this type of use rather than me possibly wasting sometime.