PDA

View Full Version : Help using FX 100

RB88
04-09-2006, 07:45 PM
I recently got some Finish Kare #425, and some fx 100. I am very satisfied with the 425, but I am unsure on how to best use the 100. I tried spraying some on the panel an working in with a mf towel then buffing off with another mf, but I am getting streaking. I am using these over a couple a layers of Souveran. Thanks for any input you may have.

JoeJ
04-09-2006, 08:31 PM
my way of using fx100 may differ some some others, but it works for me, and kills two birds with one stone. I use a MF applicator pad. I spray a couple sprays of the FX directly on the pad, and work it into the surface for as much coverage as I can get out of those sprays, about a panel and a half usually. I repeat this process to cover the entire vehicle. I then go back around the car with 425 and a plush MF. I QD as I normally would with the 425, and at the same time, I`m buffing out the fx100. By using this method you can literally see the FX100 melt into the surface. The finish this leaves is amazing. Brilliantly reflective and amazingly slick.

RB88
04-09-2006, 08:41 PM
That`s pretty much what I am doing, but as I wipe the 100 on it mostly disappears(kinda like I am using QD) except It is leaving streaks/blotches behind. I then have to really work at clearing it up with 425. Also it does`nt seem to "spread" very evenly,hence the streaking.Thanks for the help Joe! Any other suggestions?

JoeJ
04-09-2006, 08:48 PM
its is a product that needs to be worked in, not just merely spread around, in my experience. Are you working the product to a haze, and then giving it some time to dry? I haven`t really had any problems with it, so I`m sorry I can be of more help

denali-d
04-10-2006, 09:40 AM
I haven`t had any problems at all with the product, including over Souveran. I spray it directly on the surface and work it in until it`s gone. I haven`t had any hazing or streaking to speak of. Maybe try shaking up the bottle, I`ve definatly noticed some settling.

racingbeat
04-10-2006, 03:49 PM
I think the FX 100 has to be spread with a very short nap towel like the SOnus Der Wunder Polishing towel or Buffing towel. Ditto for the 425 really. I was using a plush MF and noticed streaking.

As always I do a final pass with a very plush buffing towel to even out the surface.

Glossmaster
04-10-2006, 08:06 PM
I haven`t had any problems at all with the product, including over Souveran. I spray it directly on the surface and work it in until it`s gone. I haven`t had any hazing or streaking to speak of. Maybe try shaking up the bottle, I`ve definatly noticed some settling.

I agree! I too have never had a problem with FX-100. This stuff just melts into the paint. I`ve used it over both Carnaubas & Sealants with awesome results. :think: