PDA

View Full Version : Which Pad with Clearkote RMG???

Pats300zx
04-09-2006, 03:42 PM
Well the weather in the Northeast was nice today so I had the chance to clean up my Super Black 350Z for an upcoming club event next weekend.

I wiped the car down with Poorboys Spray and Wipe and followed up with Sonus Ultra Fine Clay.

I spent about 3 hours polishing the car out with Menzerna PO85RD. I was very impressed with this product. It removed alot of my swirls and left an awesome finish. I got some minro dusting with the Menzerna but I wiped the car down with some FK1 425 and was blown away at how good it looks.

I have reserved myself to the fact that I will never get this car perfect with keeping it outside and covered. I know the removing and reapplying the cover is bound to cause marring but if I can keep them to a minimum I will be happy. I guess its something you have to deal with when you have black.

I think will follow up with some Clearkote RMG and Pinnacle Souveran.

What do you think would be the best pad to use with RMG...finishing or polishing???

Neo62381
04-09-2006, 03:47 PM
I`m currently using a propel blue to apply rmg, works rather nice. I`d imagine a polishing pad wouldn`t be needed.

SVR
04-09-2006, 09:01 PM
Edge white, LC black or blue, Sonus blue

Unsure about excel pads, don`t have them

D Tailor
04-10-2006, 03:17 AM
I use LC Blue for RMG, LC Grey for CYW, and Pinnacle Applicator for LSP of choice