PDA

View Full Version : Need some quick advice...

juiceman311
04-09-2006, 09:49 AM
I don`t have much/any experience in detailing a car to bring out a nice shine and protecting the paint. I have a Gold 2002 Nissan Maxima SE with minor scratches/swirling on the hood and front bumper. I purchased Claymagic`s Clay Bar yesterday but was at a loss as to what polishes/waxes I should get. From the research I`ve done over the last day and a half, I`m thinking I need some sort of polish to help with the swirls/scratches and then a carnuba wax. What do you guys reccomend as for the products to use? I can probably do the polish and a coat of wax today, and put another coat or two of wax on it next weekend again. I`m going out in an hour again to get the polish and wax, so please advise. Also if you could, limit the products to what Pepboys/AutoZone would have.

Thanks

Vw Gti
04-09-2006, 10:14 AM
The products at autozone and pepboys dont compare to online purchases. I think it would be more beneficial for you to order online and wait a week to do it, but that is up to you. I read a review on a few products that can be picked up from the local store. The wax was named Zamol, it comes in a green bottle. As far as polish (to remove scratches and swirl marks), i will be goign to autozone and looking at some myself cause i have not bought any yet.

juiceman311
04-09-2006, 10:16 AM
I realize that I can do significantly better by buying the better stuff online, but I just want to get my feet wet, clean up my car until school gets out. Once summer hits and I have some experience I can try the higher end stuff I guess.

Vw Gti
04-09-2006, 10:20 AM
Understandable. Like i said, try Zamol. I read a test and it stayed longer then Meguiars but not as good as Zaino. I dont know what kind of selection they have of polish cause i will be going there today to look.

banana4yah
04-09-2006, 10:44 AM
If you are doing everything by hand, then for polish I would say Meguair`s ScratchX. If you are trying to polish the entire car by hand, GOOD LUCK. What I often do as a quick fix on neglected cars is Clay Bar, then use Meguairs NXT Wax. Forget polishing by hand. It is not impossible, but I dont want my arm to fall off. Clay makes a huge difference, and NXT is very very easy to use.