PDA

View Full Version : Hologramming vs 500 watt halogen

Flatfour
04-09-2006, 05:59 AM
Can holograms be detected using a 500 watt halogen light when working indoors ?

Mostly, there is no direct sunlight in Belgium, and I really want to give good service, that means no holgrams in cars wehn polishing...

This is the one that I have :

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?vertical=TOOL&bidsite=&pid=03473838000&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&subcat=Work Lights

Only a 500 watt instead of 800...

Should this light show me holgrams, if there are any of course ?

Wally

ScubaStevo
04-09-2006, 06:03 AM
I have 5 of them lighting my garage, and they show up fine.

RAG
04-09-2006, 06:44 AM
I use a couple of the 1,000 watt Halogens...you can see the holgrams if they are "moderate" to "really bad." However, there have been times when I have not been able to see any halograms with the halogens, only to see "very slight" halograms when pulled out into direct sunlight. To be clear...there is a point where halograms exist that cannot be seen under any kind of lights. If you want to be extra sure, after you can no longer see them under halogens, make an extra pass or two via a PC with a polish utilizing extra fine abrasives...like PO85RD or 106FF.

Accumulator
04-09-2006, 09:17 AM
Yeah, only the worst holograms show up under artificial light. Mike Phillips (with the funding of Meguiar`s behind him) has played around with a *lot* of lights, and his results mirror mine- for 100% certainty you simply have to use natural sunlight.

I too simply assume they`re there and give it a quick pass with the Cyclo/PC if I can`t pull it out into the sun.