PDA

View Full Version : What to charge ?

Flatfour
04-09-2006, 02:34 AM
Just started my own business...

Now a far friend asked me to do his 911 turbo and Mistubishi Pajero, all silver mettalic with black leather (in my opinion, the easiest colors and interiors)

Normally, a full detail costs 220 $ (all exterior clayed, polished, waxed, all interior dry cleaned + protection interior+floor mats...)

Should I give him a discount and do both cars for less (let` say 180 $ car) and hope that he "spreads" the word, or should I stick with my prices ?

Detailing is in Belgium very inknown, only carwashes do some detaling on the side (with 2000 grit rotary`s...LOL).

He wants a fixed price and call me next week to make an appointement.

salty
04-09-2006, 02:42 AM
Charge an honest price, but give him more than he paid for.

Mitchubishievo
04-09-2006, 09:37 AM
Estimate how long those jobs would take in hours, then take what you normally want per hour, let`s say 20-25, and then take off 5 per hour. Multiply the hours by the lesser rate and there is a friendly charge.

Envious Eric
04-09-2006, 03:47 PM
or option 3

charge normal, and IF he spreads the word, then on his next detail give him a discount.....I have done quite a few for friends where I am not making more than 10 bucks an hour because I go above and beyond, and they dont send me any business.....they no longer get the good rate unless they refer someone to me and that person says "X" told me come to you.....!