View Full Version : Pinnacle Souveran Wax ... The Truth

Pages : [1] 2

DM101
04-08-2006, 06:34 AM
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?p=1550117642#poststop

Enjoy the reading.

firegate
04-08-2006, 06:51 AM
interesting.. answers a lot of questions about the differences between paste and liquid souveran.. would be interesting to see a comparison between liq souveran and paste glaz now that we know it`s paste glaz`s replacement.

Glossmaster
04-08-2006, 07:19 AM
Very informative. Thanks for sharing this post!

Bill D
04-08-2006, 07:32 AM
Any further commentary since the March 2005 thread?

imported_cj99si
04-08-2006, 09:45 AM
"Products like Zaino or Klasse will provide superior protection than any type of wax and last longer. I used to use wax until something in the air or something put a mark on my paint when I was using carnuba wax. Car waxes offer no protection "

This guy made me laugh.

Pats300zx
04-08-2006, 10:11 AM
Very good read... :bigups

imported_NT2SHBBY
04-08-2006, 01:00 PM
I can`t wait to layer my truck in souveran tomorrow :bow :bow

imported_walt
04-08-2006, 07:46 PM
I have used for years in BMW`s and MB-it does give the black deeper black and shimmer-

I also strip is off some times and use the p21s-for that killer reflective shine..

So

The first nice day in NY- Im going to try to

a) menzermaII

b) layer of pinnacle paste

c) layer of p21s

might be overkill but going to try and post pics...

Personally- I never liked Klasse or the acrylics-its like shoe polish to me-but I dont KNOCK those who like it-never understood the bashing-maybe one day I will ry tje Klasse-but i heard if you dont like it its a b**ch to remove....

oh well pics to follow....

ut if u have blk? you wil be quite impressed with the pinnacle- i used Zymol HD cleanse in the past before putting it on-now that is work! this time Menzerna- i like hd cleanse but its

really time consuing-but good things cometo those who are patient

(yeah right- that is not me! :))

SilverLexus
04-08-2006, 07:47 PM
Very interesting read but I have found repeatedly that the paste version looks better on my silver paint. Combined with AIO it looks very nice.

Scottwax
04-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Lies! All lies! Souveran is made by trolls!

:LOLOL Glad to see someone set the record straight. So much misinformation, inuendo and outright lying going on with respect to some products and their makers.

LightngSVT
04-08-2006, 09:30 PM
I love the look of Soveran on my cars, it has a look unlike any of the other LSP`s I have tried. Great read!

gtbaka
04-08-2006, 11:24 PM
Yep. Verified. Souveran is king.

imported_memnuts
04-09-2006, 02:57 AM
Excellent read and I enjoy CMA`s periodic e-news letters. Terry has always been a straight shooter in my book and his detailing vending services are top notch. Who else would publish that their sealant product contains a silica (-Si-) based polymer?

I especially love the clarification about how a carnuaba waxe`s "appearance" is due to the combination of oils and polymers and not the carnuaba itself. This explains why such beautification products has short half-lives in the real world in terms of maximal appearance retention even though their provided protection lasts a bit longer.

imported_memnuts
04-09-2006, 03:01 AM
Yep. Verified. Souveran is king.

At its price point for a carnuaba based product. :D

Bill D
04-09-2006, 07:23 AM
I saw that article elsewhere last year and was hoping there was some kind of update or additional info this year. Is it only a matter of different pigments and fragrances that can set some high end waxes apart enough to be called different brands and names?