PDA

View Full Version : Zanio order arrived today!

Pages : [1] 2

Bigpunter
04-06-2006, 11:38 AM
Hi guys,

My Zanio order arrived today and I now have a couple of questions about applying it to paint.

First of I almost had a heart-attack after finding out that ZFX consists of 4 empty bottles and 1 VERY small bottle (which is half-empty) and costs £23.95! :nixweiss

Anyway on to the serious business, after reading the back of the ZFX box I relise you can apply the little blue liquid to Z5 as well as Z2-Pro. However is this really necessary or can Z5 be applied with the same effect without it? If you get better results or faster curing times with ZFX I won`t hessitate adding it.

Thanks in advance,

Martin

tailwind
04-06-2006, 12:02 PM
I never noticed a real difference adding ZFX.

It`s recommended to add it for quicker curing times, to bond properly to the surface (on 1st application,) and if you want to layer immediately.

For what it`s worth, I don`t use it anymore when I use Z2.

SilverLexus
04-06-2006, 12:14 PM
I never noticed a real difference adding ZFX.

That`s funny, I think ZFX is essential: faster cure times, extra durability.

If used right ZFX will last for a very long time, I get around 20+ applications at 5 drops each. A wee little bit goes a long way in Zaino land. :)

imported_steveo3002
04-06-2006, 01:53 PM
i brought the zfx and used a few drops , kept the bottle indoors and next time i went to use it had gone solid :(

imported_memnuts
04-06-2006, 02:28 PM
Martin,

I use ZFX with both Z5 and Z2PRO even when just applying 1 layer many times. It does increase the crosslinking matrix which in turn does increases durability and IMO appearance. Instant curing is also beneficial when one desires to drive their vehicle immediately after detailing and in the UK is very desirable if one details and it rains within the un-ZFX enhanced Z5/Z2PRO curing period and vehicle is not garaged. Rain + any sealant curing = less than perfect results.

Since you do not have Z1 you must use ZFX fortified Z2PRO/Z5 for the first or initial layer.

If you have ZFX you might has well use it. That tiny amount will be enough for both bottles of Z5 an Z2PRO applications. :getdown

i brought the zfx and used a few drops , kept the bottle indoors and next time i went to use it had gone solid :(

The shielf life of ZFX is about 18 months. If your bottle is less than that just notify Sal or your UK distributor for a free replacement. :Geezx

mikeinaustin
04-06-2006, 03:33 PM
i`ve used zfx since it first came out (and z1 for years before that). i have seen no difference in appearence between it and z1 followed by zx (z5, z2, z2-pro). personally i detest the thought of pre-mixing and throwing away whats left over and i never have time to put 3 coats on in one day.

what i do like (off-topic) is to take off whatever you put on (say z2-pro), hit it with z6 to further clean surface, then put on z8. wait 12-24 hours to allow z8 to fully bond with zx, then put on your next coat (of say z2-pro).

Bigpunter
04-07-2006, 11:06 AM
Martin,

I use ZFX with both Z5 and Z2PRO even when just applying 1 layer many times. It does increase the crosslinking matrix which in turn does increases durability and IMO appearance. Instant curing is also beneficial when one desires to drive their vehicle immediately after detailing and in the UK is very desirable if one details and it rains within the un-ZFX enhanced Z5/Z2PRO curing period and vehicle is not garaged. Rain + any sealant curing = less than perfect results.

Since you do not have Z1 you must use ZFX fortified Z2PRO/Z5 for the first or initial layer.

If you have ZFX you might has well use it. That tiny amount will be enough for both bottles of Z5 an Z2PRO applications. :getdown

Hi,

Thanks for the info guy`s, I can`t wait to try it out at the end of the month and get my new Remus exhaust fitted too :woot: ).

I will use ZFX with both Z5 and Z2Pro and your more than right about the UK weather - damn rain. Just another question though, I noticed you use ZFX with Z5 even for just one layer, how many layers of Z5 do you normally apply. I was only going to apply one but if layering it makes a big difference I will add more of that too. Z2-Pro I was going to layer 3 times (since thats all you can apply in 24 hours anyways).

Thanks in advance,

Martin

imported_memnuts
04-07-2006, 02:06 PM
Hi Martin,

The number of application of Z5 is surface prep dependent to a point. If you have some micro-marring 3-4 coats will in most causes hide/fill some of these blemishes. Any blemishes that are not hidden after 4 coats are beyond Z5`s ability and further application is somewhat fruitless.

If your vehicle is mostly blemish-free 1 application of Z5/ZFX will serve the purpose of hiding/filling these minor marring and add the optical appearance that Z5 as a base tends to do.

Z2PRO is soooo good now that 2 coats is normally suffice with limited detectable enhancement after 3 layers.

For a small vehicle with minimal light surface marring, mix 5-7cc (~1/4 oz) of Z5 with 2 drops of ZFX. This should be plenty for 2 layers. If you think a 3rd layer is required, just apply straight Z5 as your 3rd layer for the day. No second mixing of ZFX is required and no wasted product.

Z5 itself looks great and even if you wait a week or 2 before applying the Z2PRO, you will not be disappointed at all with the appearance. You could also apply a single layer of Z2PRO wthout ZFX after the 2 previously applied Z5/ZFX layers.

Z5 and Z2PRO are completely interchangeable and can be alternated (layers) if desired.

Hope this helps. :wavey

Bigpunter
04-08-2006, 01:06 AM
Hi blkZ28Conv,

Thanks for the information on Z5. I never knew you could layer this, but I think I will apply two coats of it now. I don`t have anything beyond very light swirls/imperfections in the paint so Z5 may hide these, if not then I can live with them as they really are hard to see.

I will probably add ZFX to the Z2Pro just to help speed up curing time and I can`t see why I won`t be able to get 2x Z5 and 3x Z2Pro on the paint in one day - along with the prep (clay etc) just need to get up nice and early.

I would like to thank everyone who contributed to this post as their information has been most helpful and is much appreciated! Thanks guy`s :2thumbs:

Martin

imported_memnuts
04-09-2006, 03:26 AM
Martin,

The total allowable layers in one day using ZFX enabled Z5 or Z2PRO is 3.

Therefore, you 5 stated layers would take you 2 detailing session. No problem. Zaino is fun to work with and the appearance enhancement evolution is stimulating. :xyxthumbs

imported_memnuts
04-09-2006, 03:32 AM
Hi blkZ28Conv,

I will probably add ZFX to the Z2Pro just to help speed up curing time and I can`t see why I won`t be able to get 2x Z5 and 3x Z2Pro on the paint in one day - along with the prep (clay etc) just need to get up nice and early.

Martin

Hi Martin,

The total allowable layers in one day using ZFX enabled Z5 or Z2PRO or combination of both is 3 coats.

Therefore, your 5 stated layers would require 2 application sessions. No problem. Zaino is fun to work with and the appearance enhancement evolution is quite stimulating. :woohoo:

Bigpunter
04-09-2006, 05:57 AM
Hi blkZ28Conv,

Thanks for that info! I would have just applied 5 coats in one day and wasted a lot of product :doh .

I can`t wait 21st/22nd of this month now!! I will definitely be posting some photos of the end result in the `Click & Brag` section once it’s done.

Thanks again everyone!

Martin

Intercooled
04-09-2006, 06:04 AM
blkZ28Conv knows his stuff when it comes to Zaino. I agree with all he has suggested. I have come to the point know that I use ZFX with each and every coat of Zaino, whether it be one coat on occasion or the 3 coat detail. I feel it definetly enhances cure time, duribility,slickness and just the over all quality of the finish. :buffing:

Bigpunter
04-09-2006, 06:10 AM
Hi Intercooled,

Yep, I think I`ll do the same and apply ZFX to every coat of Z2 I apply. Since you measure it in `drops` I think that little bottle will last a while. Since Zanio is fairly durable I don`t think I`ll go crazy adding extra coats like I did with the P21S. :lol

Now I should be able to spend more time driving the car and still have it looking great! :woohoo:

Intercooled
04-09-2006, 06:16 AM
Hi Intercooled,

Yep, I think I`ll do the same and apply ZFX to every coat of Z2 I apply. Since you measure it in `drops` I think that little bottle will last a while. Since Zanio is fairly durable I don`t think I`ll go crazy adding extra coats like I did with the P21S. :lol

Now I should be able to spend more time driving the car and still have it looking great! :woohoo:

Thats exactly right! I dont go crazy adding extra coats either. I`ll do a full spring detail and use Z5x1 Z2x1 or 2.

I`ll then add additional coats of Z2 maybe once a month or evey other month, not because it really needs it but more or less just to do it out of boredom. I`ll Z8 after every wash and Z6 to remove light dust. I`ll then do a 2nd full detail in the fall. Zaino will keep me going and beeding through the winter!!! :spot

I now use Z6 for all my glass cleaning! Works great!! :bow