PDA

View Full Version : Does NXT car wash soap strip wax?

mc01ta
04-05-2006, 11:39 AM
I really like this car wash soap as it suds nicely and smells fantastic. Its cleaning ability is top notch too. I would like to know if it is too strong in the way of stripping wax? Should I go back to the red eagle one (I like the nxt better)? I want something that has good cleaning ability but won`t strip wax.

TGates
04-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Depends on what you mean by "wax." It`s a little harsh on your LSP from what I`ve seen, but if you mix it right and are using it over a sealant, then I think you`ll be in good shape for a while. If you`re using it full strength over something like Souveran, then yeah, it`s probably a little too harsh.

I find it a great soap as it very rarely leaves water spots and it cleans and rinses very well.

DM101
04-05-2006, 01:04 PM
No......Just mix like directions say....

jfelbab
04-05-2006, 05:27 PM
IMO, if you dilute as directed, it will not remove your LSP.

Kirium
06-04-2006, 08:51 AM
Will this wash strip Klasse AIO?

JasonD
06-04-2006, 09:01 AM
Shampoos aren`t usually designed to "strip" anything, which is why we use car specific shampoos and not Dawn dishwashing soap. Not only are car wash shampoos safe(r) for paint finishes, but a lot of them have added chemicals to help *preserve* paint finishes and protectants.

That being said, the method in which you wash your car will have more of an impact on how much lsp is removed vs. what type of shampoo you are using. Always be as gentle as possible and mix the shampoo as directed, never stronger, and in some rare cases you can even mix it a little weaker.

I find NXT wash a *decent* wash. It cleans well, but lacks a little in the lubricitiy dept. For the price, and the fact that you can find it just about anywhere, it`s not a bad choice.

Alfisti
06-05-2006, 02:03 AM
I really like this car wash soap as it suds nicely and smells fantastic. Its cleaning ability is top notch too. I would like to know if it is too strong in the way of stripping wax? Should I go back to the red eagle one (I like the nxt better)? I want something that has good cleaning ability but won`t strip wax.

I like it too. In fact, I use both NXT and the red E1 shampoo, and like both.

IMO, all shampoos will have some effect on LSP. Its the nature of the beast. But I`m unaware of any good dedicated car shampoos that will actually remove your LSP...except maybe some truck washes.

What I can say about those two is that NXT is stronger than E1 and that may reduce your LSPs durability more than E1.

But then again, it cleans better and leaves no water-spotting. :woot2: On the other hand, I find its fragrance overpowering and, thus, don`t like it much. :cry:

Also, E1 sheets water better. Confused? :hifive: