PDA

View Full Version : Griot`s Weatherproof Tire Dressing & Red applicator

Old Man
04-04-2006, 06:11 PM
Today I applied Griot`s Weatherproof Tire Dressing with his new applicator,(the curved,red plastic one with the replacable pads). It went on easily and evenly and the applicator is the most comfortable one I`ve used. The dressing looks like thick black paint. It will stain your hands,but is easily washed off with soap and water. We`ll see how long it lasts,(it`s supposed to rain on Thursday and Friday).

yas
04-04-2006, 06:53 PM
how does it look, is it glossy or can it be buffed to a matte finish ... let us know how long it lasts, they claim up to 3 months?

TGates
04-04-2006, 07:19 PM
Griot`s claims one coat for satin, two with no buff for high gloss. I`m going to try it as well.

Interestingly, they have two new tire dressings. A Weatherproof Tire Dressing and a Long Lasting Tire Dressing. The Long Lasting is the most recent.

Old Man
04-04-2006, 07:32 PM
I applied one coat. I`m partial to a satin finish. I`ll give a running update next Monday.

Hey, Moe!
04-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Hey, I just realized I have a Griot`s gift certificate lurking around here! I`ll be waiting for an update, too.

Thanks in advance.

BTW, any comments about how much dust adheres to the finished product would be great. I was using Meg`s Endurance, but since they have been tearing up the streets to install new sewer lines, there`s more dust here than Kansas in the `30s. I quit using Endurance, and went back to the original Griot`s, since I had some left.

Setec Astronomy
04-04-2006, 09:10 PM
Well, I guess this answers when the product in this thread will be available: http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=67138&highlight=tire

Old Man
04-09-2006, 07:44 PM
Well, it looks great after 2 days of rain and one car wash. It looks exactly the same as when I applied it. No streaking,no slinging. I`m sticking with it until I find something better.

Horseman2475
04-09-2006, 11:03 PM
Any pics that we can see?

Old Man
05-21-2006, 07:15 PM
Well,it seems to have just about worn off,(little beading,but no streaking or splotches). Not bad--45 days--not bad at all. Lasted thru 7 washes and alot of rain.

VelvetRose
05-21-2006, 07:45 PM
:wow:

Looks like I have to spend more money :waxing:

Thanks for the updates