PDA

View Full Version : Non-streaking QD on a carnauba

Pages : [1] 2

ncsu602
04-04-2006, 10:45 AM
Someone recommend a good QD that doesn`t streak. So far the only thing I`ve found is Meg`s Final Inspection. Meg`s Quick Detailer, Eagle One, and pretty much every other OTC QD streaks my Natty`s Blue. Any help?

D Tailor
04-04-2006, 11:55 AM
I typically use the QD that is in the same family as my LSP. However, for Natty`s I use Pinnacle`s QD. Smells yummy and looks cherry.

TGates
04-04-2006, 12:15 PM
Pinnacle CM, Sonus Carnauba Spritz, Griot`s Speed Shine, Poorboy`s S&G, Clearkote Quikshine, Adam`s Detail Spray, Mother`s Showtime...

I use these all the time with no streaking over carnauba.... but I`m partial to the Speed Shine.

zippymbr
04-04-2006, 12:20 PM
I cann`t say enough good things about the new SLICK from Detailers Paradise. Very easy and streak free usage. Never had a problem, and it has become my fav QD that adds protection. I am about to order a gallon of it.

Sherman8r44
04-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Poorboy`s Spray and Wipe and Chemical Guys Pro Detailer are my go-to QD`s, but I love Pro Detailer for carnauba finishes. It streaks at full strength, but diluting it down 2product:1water practically eliminates streaking. Even when diluted, it cleans about as well as S&W and leaves quite a bit of gloss and slickness.

Super_Herb
04-04-2006, 01:19 PM
One Grand Show Off works well on carnuba

TGates
04-04-2006, 01:32 PM
I just remembered I`ve had great luck with UGE and WG Detail Spritz (discontinued) over carnauba as well.

Really the only QD`s I have personally had any problem streaking over carnauba are Z6 and the OTC Meg`s Quik Detailer, but that was in direct sunlight.

You can probably get away with using any QD on a carnauba honestly as long as the surface is cool, in the shade, and you LIGHTLY mist each panel.

SilverLexus
04-04-2006, 01:41 PM
Pinnacle Crystal Mist is terrific stuff. My current carnauba fave QD.

D Tailor
04-04-2006, 03:50 PM
[quote name=`BlackSunshine`]WG Detail Spritz (discontinued) QUOTE]

YOu mean it`s discontinued? when did this happen? i was just wearing down my last gallon and looking to reup...did they replace it with something else?

Sherman8r44
04-04-2006, 04:00 PM
YOu mean it`s discontinued? when did this happen? i was just wearing down my last gallon and looking to reup...did they replace it with something else?

It got replaced due to VOC regs...now they have a spray sealant in it`s place, but it`s a totally different product. I have a bottle of the old WG spritz, and I`m not exactly impressed :think:

D Tailor
04-04-2006, 04:31 PM
It got replaced due to VOC regs...now they have a spray sealant in it`s place, but it`s a totally different product. I have a bottle of the old WG spritz, and I`m not exactly impressed :think:

Yeah, I never loved it as a sealant spritz but it was nice for what it was. Honestly, I used it in door jambs only because it helped finish the cars with a nice scent. I never used it as a total QD. In fact, WG is the only product other than Natty`s that I mix LSP and QD families. Looks like I`ll try their new sealant spray. guess it`s more along the lines of FMJ`s QD spray sealant. Thanks for the info and PM explanation. very informative and much appreciated. :xyxthumbs Looks like i`ll be re-up`ing my PB S&W as well.

Sherman8r44
04-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Yeah, I never loved it as a sealant spritz but it was nice for what it was. Honestly, I used it in door jambs only because it helped finish the cars with a nice scent. I never used it as a total QD. In fact, WG is the only product other than Natty`s that I mix LSP and QD families. Looks like I`ll try their new sealant spray. guess it`s more along the lines of FMJ`s QD spray sealant. Thanks for the info and PM explanation. very informative and much appreciated. :xyxthumbs Looks like i`ll be re-up`ing my PB S&W as well.

No problem :D If Wolfgang`s spray sealant is anything like DP Spray Surface Shield, then it will be a superb product. It could probably be a standalone LSP; it seems more durable than most carnaubas.

TGates
04-04-2006, 07:21 PM
You might call Jason at Autogeek and see if they have any of the Detail Spritz left. They had a case of it last I heard and it was heavily discounted as they were moving it out.

I will miss the smell, but I agree that it was just an `okay` QD spray.

Alfisti
04-04-2006, 08:36 PM
ncsu602, I think you should investigate why those QDs are streaking. Being OTC is not the problem. You mentioned some very effective QDs. Streaking can also be due to user error...like applying too much, or not changing your MF often enough.

Maybe if you describe how much you use and the method, we maybe able to offer some advce that will enable you to use the QDs you already have. :)

Scottwax
04-04-2006, 09:13 PM
CK`s Quikshine is great over carnaubas and sealants. Never had any streaking problems.