PDA

View Full Version : mini washing machine

yas
04-03-2006, 06:50 AM
Hi,

Ok, hope I`m not alone on this ... after a hand-wash, especially a quick one, I don`t have enough dirty MF`s to justify doing a full wash cycle. Well, to be honest it really gets on wife`s nerves :o . Also, can`t wash these with other fabrics, as its bad for the MF, at least thats what I`ve been told.

So, I hate hand washing because I can`t get them 100% clean sometimes, and after all the hard work of detailing, this is the last and most boring step. I`m thinking perhaps there is a quality mini washing machine out there that can be dedicated for very small loads?

Rolla
04-03-2006, 07:34 AM
I have seen and read about this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000A7OWHA/qid=1144075613/sr=8-3/ref=pd_bbs_3/103-1475436-5368607?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=284507

Might want to read some reviews though.

LightngSVT
04-03-2006, 09:32 AM
It looks like a blender!

imported_truzoom
04-03-2006, 09:33 AM
I have pondered this idea before because I feel the same way about you when it comes to washing dirty MFs. I found alternatives, but never ordered them.

http://www.laundry-alternative.com/

twitch
04-03-2006, 09:39 AM
Hi,

Ok, hope I`m not alone on this ... after a hand-wash, especially a quick one, I don`t have enough dirty MF`s to justify doing a full wash cycle. Well, to be honest it really gets on wife`s nerves :o . Also, can`t wash these with other fabrics, as its bad for the MF, at least thats what I`ve been told.

So, I hate hand washing because I can`t get them 100% clean sometimes, and after all the hard work of detailing, this is the last and most boring step. I`m thinking perhaps there is a quality mini washing machine out there that can be dedicated for very small loads?

Talk your wife into getting a front load washer and possibly dryer. They do not fill with water so it`s not as wasteful especially with smaller loads. On the other hand you can fit a bunch of stuff in there when it is time for the family`s laundry.

It would be a win win situation for both of you and it is fun to watch the MF towels spin around, and around, and around... I`m sure you get the picture :o

firegate
04-03-2006, 09:54 AM
Does your washer have a water level setting? I just turn mine down to Ex. Small - works perfectly for a handful of MF`s..

yas
04-03-2006, 10:08 AM
Thanks for all replies,

The laundry-alternative link looks interesting, as well as some of the electrical-powered ones.

I can try to convince my wife about a front-loading washer ... but, would be a tough sell, the machines we have now are about year old and she is happy with them

If I do purchase a unit, will post a review ..

I like the idea of the mini electrical powered ones, would let me tidy up other things while its doing its work

n2_space
04-03-2006, 11:53 AM
I just buy more towels :o

gtbaka
04-03-2006, 01:12 PM
I just buy more towels :o

Rofl! :funnypost

That was off the wall. But it sure does solve the problem.

I just bought 50 more MF`s from Sams Club over the weekend... I`ll be loading it today.

n2_space
04-03-2006, 03:10 PM
Rofl! :funnypost

That was off the wall. But it sure does solve the problem.

I just bought 50 more MF`s from Sams Club over the weekend... I`ll be loading it today.

I just got 63 new towels from Pakshak last week :woot2: I have 3 25 gallon tubs for towels, and another soft sided bag for my crappy MF`s. I can do enough cars to have my wife do a couple loads without running out :grinno:

gtbaka
04-03-2006, 03:26 PM
I guess the thing for me is buying towels from PakShak is like a special event. It`s a luxury or an investment.

Buying MF`s from samsclub is like buying napkins. lol. Pack of 25 for $12.64. Best cheap MF`s I`ve ever found.