PDA

View Full Version : Wich plate for 6.5" PADs

maesal
04-03-2006, 04:31 AM
Hi,

I`m going to buy a pack of 6.5 "D.A. LC PADs. I`ve a 5" backing plate and also a pack of 7" Propel1 PADs, wich I don`t like.

I find that the diference of diameter has bad influence in the results. Te area wich isn`t in contact with the PAD I think don`t do the work properly, so the best choice is to work with the most similar diameters.

Could you give me your opinions?

Sorry about my english...

:thx

Djmigs
04-03-2006, 10:05 AM
i have Megs pads/backing pad and they measure (pads)6.5" , i use 5" backing pad that the best setup, if you use a 6" backing pad it would pass the velcro and possible touch you paint....i think that might work ...also just a suggestion i would try another brand then LC at least there 6.5 da pads reason i have personal not used them but some suggested they dont have great durability...so i didnt want to try it but i do have there 7.5 LC VC PAds but its for rotary only...Well Since you order from Patrick @ Exceldetail i would order his new P2 pads for your DA they have a uniques shape you definate can use 5in backing pad maybe 6in since the velcro on the pad extends to the edges plus you would get better durabilty...but diffentaly ask patrick....hope that helps...by the way dont worry about your spelling its easily understandable versu me i am hispanic and i cant write in that language... :o

maesal
04-03-2006, 11:13 AM
i have Megs pads/backing pad and they measure (pads)6.5" , i use 5" backing pad that the best setup, if you use a 6" backing pad it would pass the velcro and possible touch you paint....i think that might work ...also just a suggestion i would try another brand then LC at least there 6.5 da pads reason i have personal not used them but some suggested they dont have great durability...so i didnt want to try it but i do have there 7.5 LC VC PAds but its for rotary only...Well Since you order from Patrick @ Exceldetail i would order his new P2 pads for your DA they have a uniques shape you definate can use 5in backing pad maybe 6in since the velcro on the pad extends to the edges plus you would get better durabilty...but diffentaly ask patrick....hope that helps...by the way dont worry about your spelling its easily understandable versu me i am hispanic and i cant write in that language... :o

I`m from Spain also !!

klnyc
04-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Yup, if the BP is not covering the pad, then you should okay.

maesal
04-03-2006, 11:58 AM
I`ve also a 4" PAD kit with a 3.5" backing plate, and I`ve no problems... I really like it.

Regards.