PDA

View Full Version : Klasse High Gloss Sealant?

SenojNW
04-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Just did a full 8 hour detail on the weekend - pics to follow :) The process I used was;

1) Wash - Megs Gel Wash.

2) Clay - Sonus Extra Fine with Sonus Glyde.

3) Polish (hood only for swirls) - Megs #9.

4) Wash - Megs Gel Wash.

5) Chamois dry.

6) Klasse AIO with Sonus SFX Finishing Pad.

7) Buff by hand with MF.

8) Sonus Acrylic Glanz - on with MF - buff off with Concours towel.

I am very happy with the result but I don`t want to go through the process again TOO soon!

Would the above benefit from a few applications of Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze? How does this differ from the Acrylic Glanz I already used (is it better?) and what would the benefits be - purely visual or would it add some durability and protection? And what do I need to do before I put it on given the above treatment? Just a wash?

Also - what would be the best way to keep on top of it now without going through the whole process too soon?

Cheers

lex89
04-03-2006, 03:34 AM
I`m new to all of this, but I believe SG is actually a sealant while acrylic glanz is just used on top of the sealant. I don`t think acrylic glanz will give you the same (or any) kind of protection that SG will give you. It`ll just make your car shine for a few days.

shortspark
04-03-2006, 05:27 AM
I use the Klasse twins on my 2006 silver Honda and could not be happier with the results. Once you get the hang of it, especially using the wowo method, they are rather easy products to use. And the durability of Klasse SG is hard to beat. Having said this, I do have some of Jeff`s Jet that I want to try over the AIO in place of the SG just as to see how it performs. As a topper, I like to use a home brew QD such as 1 part SG and 3 parts distilled water (you can play with the ratio and find something to suit you). Another good topper is Menzerna`s HGAS.

imported_steveo3002
04-03-2006, 07:37 AM
yes sg would benefit you , try and get 3+ layers on there...the way i understood it the sonus glanz is a top up spray, say for if you were going to a car show or such

SenojNW
04-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Given the fallout I am dealing with do you think it would be wise to clay again before I apply some? I guess just wash and see how it feels - I don`t want to seal the sh%t in!

Was going to try applying with PC using some buffing bonnets - one bonnet for application - the other for taking off...

Thanks

SVR
04-04-2006, 02:25 AM
Doubt you will get any permanent solution to swirls with Meg`s #9, it`s a filler glaze

Ditching the chamois is another good start

Definately go the KSG route or poly lack nano seal (slightly newer easier version)

SenojNW
04-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Was using the Megs #9 because it was the only thing I could buy locally (Perth is terrible for detailing supplies) - my Sonus SFX2 has arrived now so I will be using that from now on...

Chamois? You prefer drying towels to avoid scratching?

Scottwax
04-04-2006, 06:11 PM
Chamois? You prefer drying towels to avoid scratching?

Microfiber is far superior to a chamois.

SVR
04-05-2006, 02:21 AM
Detailing obsession is in WA

SenojNW
04-05-2006, 03:46 AM
Is that a user name or company name?