PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Detailing. Insurance.

gtpaul
04-02-2006, 08:40 PM
I`m pondering the idea of doing some mobile detailing with my cousin for a few months. (spring and summer). Aside from materials, and advertising my primary concern is for the need of insurance. Is it needed? We`d only be attempting basic packages primarily. Vacuuming, wheels/tires, polishing etc.

I`ve done some searching but haven`t come up with the answers I`m looking for.

AMDin93103
04-02-2006, 09:28 PM
Your Coverages are best discussed with your agent. He should ask you the proper questions in insuring your operations. Use the numbers from the recently discussed threads as an idea of what others are paying for more extensive services/risk. insurance is not a necessity in many local governments but if you want to cover your tail in the event of an accident, you can. Do/Would you wear a helmet when riding a motorcycle?

imported_mirrorfinishman
04-03-2006, 11:11 AM
I`m pondering the idea of doing some mobile detailing with my cousin for a few months. (spring and summer). Aside from materials, and advertising my primary concern is for the need of insurance. Is it needed? We`d only be attempting basic packages primarily. Vacuuming, wheels/tires, polishing etc.

Yes, insurance is needed when you damage a vehicle and do not have the ability to pay for the damages.

Although you may be able to minimize your risk by only offering basic packages, you will have limited control over any damage that could be a result of the actions of your cousin. Doing all of the work yourself and being in control of the outcome is one thing, involving another person who is going to work along with you is something completely different.

The key is to keep things as simple as possible and to know what you are able to accomplish and what you cannot. You would be smart to consider going it alone. Let`s face it, a one person operation has the major advantage of having total control over the quality of the work being done and that person is less likely to create any damage to the vehicle in the first place.

Reduce your risks and you will reduce the chances of damaging a vehicle and the need for insurance.

Scottwax
04-03-2006, 03:01 PM
Better to have insurance and not need it than to need it and not have it.

You should be able to get a general business liability policy at a reasonable rate. Make sure you know what is covered and what isn`t. Expect to pay more if you do pick-up and delivery.

imported_ajbarnes
04-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Better to have insurance and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Strong point.