PDA

View Full Version : From Black to White

Pages : [1] 2

Jesstzn
04-02-2006, 08:19 PM
Well gang I am letting the black Passat go and a White Diamond Pearl Acura TL will be here in a week ... My goal is to have it like the finish on the Passat ..

I`ll clay it then #80 x 2 followed by ... well I am not sure

a) Zaino x a bunch

or

b) AIO / SG x a bunch

or

3) FMJ x a bunch ..

I know FMJ works well on a polished out white Pontiac .. but the WDP is a bit off white .. I might go the Zaino followed by #16 when I am done.

I`ll post pix ..

I`m going to miss the ole girl .. one last pix

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/JessTzn/My%20car/DSCN3275.jpg

stilez
04-03-2006, 02:50 PM
Sad to see her go. The paint looks stunning in that shot.

WDP TL`s are so yummy :).

twitch
04-03-2006, 03:27 PM
the Passat looks awesome!

It may be a refreshing change to move from black to white as far as keeping the vehicle clean BUT then you give up the great black look.

Personally I like lighter colored vehicles because I would be to obsessive with keeping the black clean which would turn into a nightmare :grinno:

Enjoy the white diamond TL. The color is awesome! When I had my 92 Prelude that is the color I went with. I am sure you will enjoy the car.

Have fun!

Scottwax
04-03-2006, 03:56 PM
How about option 4?

Prime and Acrylic Jett a bunch. ;)

Good to see you back, haven`t seen you post much lately. :wavey

imported_Detailing Technology
04-03-2006, 04:08 PM
Is that Passat repainted? That is unusually smooth for a VW paint job. Looks like one of the best paint jobs I have seen.

Quickstrike
04-03-2006, 05:40 PM
Another one lost to the Japanese :(.

TL`s are nice though. Seems like you get a lot for your money.

Have fun with the new car :2thumbs:.

natebood
04-03-2006, 11:50 PM
I thought Acuras were American made cars......?

Quickstrike
04-04-2006, 01:14 AM
I thought Acuras were American made cars......?

Could be some factories in America, but conceived in Japan.

SpoiledMan
04-04-2006, 06:25 AM
Well, the design center is in CA and the plant is in OH(or somewhere that direction) and all made by Americans. Yep, it`s American.

Jesstzn
04-04-2006, 06:28 AM
Is that Passat repainted? That is unusually smooth for a VW paint job. Looks like one of the best paint jobs I have seen.

There is some repaint due to winter rock damage but that was on the other side and the passenger front fender .. the passenger doors and rear fender are original paint.

EBPcivicsi
04-04-2006, 06:28 AM
Well, the design center is in CA and the plant is in OH(or somewhere that direction) and all made by Americans. Yep, it`s American.

Sadly, I wish they were still made in Japan--at least the ones I buy. :(

Jesstzn
04-04-2006, 06:31 AM
How about option 4?

Prime and Acrylic Jett a bunch. ;)

Good to see you back, haven`t seen you post much lately. :wavey

Been winter up here .. not a lot to post about .. the business will start up soon .. I have a couple show cars to do .. one is is 55 Chev which I will post pix of .. and once I get the TL done up , some of it too. But wheels and tint first .. wheels are on the way and I don`t even have the car yet.

As for the Prime/Acrylic Jet .. not familiar with them .. sort of going to stick whith whats proven to me.

Scottwax
04-04-2006, 07:01 AM
As for the Prime/Acrylic Jet .. not familiar with them .. sort of going to stick whith whats proven to me.

Think "Klasse twins on steriods" but with a wetter look and easier to use. It is the updated Carlack 68 line sold here under the Jeff`s Werkstatt name.

EBPcivicsi
04-04-2006, 10:19 AM
Been winter up here .. not a lot to post about .. the business will start up soon .. I have a couple show cars to do .. one is is 55 Chev which I will post pix of .. and once I get the TL done up , some of it too. But wheels and tint first .. wheels are on the way and I don`t even have the car yet.

What wheels are you going with? Can`t wait to see it!!!

urban1.8t
04-04-2006, 03:35 PM
I am sorry to see the B5.5 go, its one of the best of that breed I have seen.

I used own a B5.5 1.8T and remember seeing you posting on ClubB5.com.

Enjoy the Honda/Acura!!!

Cheers

Dave.