PDA

View Full Version : mrclean auto dry? worth the money?

imported_Darin
04-02-2006, 06:49 PM
i own a black car and the waterspots can be a pain. i`m just wondering if the mrclean autodry system is worth the money. for 30 dollars it seems it`s a cheap piece of crap.

BradUF
04-02-2006, 08:25 PM
It works great, but I feel its way faster too waterblade and dry with a MF. If you want it I want to trade mine for something or sell it maybe. Also the filters only get 10 uses.

Scottwax
04-02-2006, 08:46 PM
The one I got was useless crap. When you used the filtered water, there would be tap water leaking out of the bottom and on to the car, making the filtered rinse contaminated.

Spend $35 or so and get a gallon of Optimum No Rinse Wash instead. You wash a section and dry it immediately, no water spot problems at all. One gallon will wash your car 128 times. Vastly better value than the Mr. Clean junk, especially with constant filter and soap repurchases.

JasonD
04-02-2006, 09:19 PM
I bought it and returned it the next day. My big issue was the fact that the filtered water came out with so little water pressure that it was useless. I use Wax As U Dry and a big blue ww mf towel, and get perfect results every time.

velobard
04-02-2006, 10:26 PM
I have a Water Blade too and like how well it works, but i hardly ever use it. The water sheets off the car so cleanly if I flood it with the nozzle off the hose, 95% of the water rolls right off. Yet another benefit of a nice wax job.

AutoCadillac
04-03-2006, 05:38 AM
The MCAD worked pretty well for me except it takes an hour or more to dry. During that time, the wind is blowing dust and pollen over the car that is sticking to the wet surface. It`s probably OK if you have a good clean shelter to let your car dry in but I don`t.

BradUF
04-03-2006, 06:20 AM
I never had any of those problems. Also another plus is that it pulls more dirt off the car, for some reason. But it is a slow system and the filters cost a fair amount of money.

imported_samjake
04-11-2006, 05:29 PM
I have used the autodry system for well over a year. I have the original version, not the "professional" version. I only use the autodry applicator to spray the filtered water-the final step. I do not use the autodry applicator to spray soap or to rinse off soap. Instead, I use a foam gun filled with the autodry soap and spray the autodry soap into a boar`s hair brush, wash one section at a time, then thoroughly rinse out my brush. I use another nozzle to rinse off the soap. I use but don`t really care for the autodry soap as it seems to leaves a residue on my brush. However, the product works as advertised. Many contributors to this site dedicate considerable time to washing techniques designed to avoid paint finish damage. The real beauty of this product is that you avoid touching your vehicle during the drying cycle. Just as much or more paint finish damage can occur while drying as occurs while washing. With autodry, no water blades or MF towels come in contact with the paint finish. I also think it is a real time saver. Conventional drying methods are far more time consuming than washing. With autodry, washing and drying take about the same amount of time. It`s worth a try.

areaseven
04-11-2006, 06:52 PM
I went through two AutoDry units before I completely gave up on it. Apparently, the unit can`t hold a lot of water pressure; thus, like scottwax mentioned, water would just leak all over.

Right now, I use Meguiar`s NXT Generation Car Wash, and I probably won`t use anything else. And for drying, The Absorber does the trick.

RedondoV6
04-11-2006, 07:30 PM
Save your money and buy a firemans style nozzle like this one:

http://www.nacarcare.com/bai-hn-10al.html

I purchased one of these nozzles from Walmart for less than $10. On most vehicles finished with a good quality LSP, the slowest setting will sheet 95% of the the rinse water off the car, leaving just a few drops to dry with your WW towel.

Neo62381
04-11-2006, 10:45 PM
Yeah the auto-dry stinks. I would just sheet the water off with the hose and get some good quality waffle weave towels!