PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Compound Gone..Now What?

Joshua312
04-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Im almost out of Optimum Compound...Have some Optimum Polish left still....I need to get some more heavy cutting polish..Any reccomendations when working with the PC?

Should I go for Menzerna IP/FP II

or

Poorboys SSR 2.5 and SSR 1

Ive heard various comments about Menzerna not being good with PC (while some show awesome results) and dusting issues with SSR`s...Any input would be appreciated, thank you!! :dance

Scottwax
04-01-2006, 10:21 PM
Optimum Hyper Compound works great via PC. The abrasives break down via shear force, heat isn`t needed.

Joshua312
04-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Is it alot more agressive than the regular compund, or does it just break down faster so the longer working time isnt needed? Thanks in advance!

Scottwax
04-01-2006, 10:32 PM
Definitely more aggressive.

Joshua312
04-01-2006, 11:41 PM
Alright, well this thread was short lived as I was in a hurry to make a purchase, I need it here before Thursday so I had to do 3 day shipping..Hopefully it gets here by then. Anyways..I decided to stick with the Optimum Compound, added some Final Polish II to see how good this stuff really is to clear up haze/micromarring after using the compound...I guess its good to stick with what has been working for me. Gotta love the 50/50 Optimum Compound/Polish Mix