PDA

View Full Version : I`m a Zaino convert!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Statman
03-31-2006, 07:17 PM
I have tried almost every top brand of waxes...P21S, Rejex, NXT, Meguiars, FK1, etc. I just did the full Zaino "thing" (inspired ny Virtigo). I am amazed. The depth of shine...awesome. I went for a ride and got bugs all over the front..they just wiped off. I am a true Zaino convert! Granted it took a fair amount of time ( let me know if you want my process). Here are some pics...better resolution on my link. I`m no photographer either.

wannafbody
03-31-2006, 08:25 PM
Zaino is a very good looking product and quite durable-that being said I think some other products provide a slightly different look (wetter) that some may prefer more

Statman
03-31-2006, 08:49 PM
Zaino is a very good looking product and quite durable-that being said I think some other products provide a slightly different look (wetter) that some may prefer more

What product is that?

No_Traction
03-31-2006, 09:29 PM
Have you "kicked it up a notch" yet with Z8 ? I will be doing my first-time Zaino application tomorrow. I can`t wait !!!!! By the way, VERY NICE RIDE YOU HAVE (and shiney too) .

Statman
03-31-2006, 10:18 PM
No...I have the Z-8, but was so ready to drive when I finished the process (3 applications of wax and Z-6) that I just will wait until later. You will love the outcome of Zaino.

Thanks for the props.

imported_memnuts
04-01-2006, 03:46 AM
Welcome to the world of the elite of the elite detailing products - Zaino. :dance

Now it is time to find another hobby. ;) You will be surprised how long your vehicle(s) will only need a careful wash and Z8 session to maintain that "just waxed" appearance.

A little quality time spend now will reward you with more "show car" driving time between instead of chasing a shine. :D

Here is something to look forward to even though your satisfaction level is already high. The new Z5PRO !!!!! The combo of Z5PRO, Z2PRO and Z8 is incredible. :woohoo:

Gotta love black Porsches!!! Looks great. :wavey

dogma
04-01-2006, 05:35 AM
Geat pics , black is awesome! I started using Zaino on the black car I had and it was the only product or should I say system that gave me the look I was after. What I find about Zaino that its leaves the finish perfectly clear,especially in the sun where waxes seem to melty or hazy look .

I always felt that especially on black with wax in the sun that shimmer was the wax and oils heating up and it wasn`t crystal clear like sealants JMO. Both wax and sealants give different looks and different people desire different looks. If I were to use a wax it would be SURLUSTER, SOUVRAN or STUF ( bad rap ,but actually is an excellent product ).

I also love Zaino on My new red Mazdaspeed6 and my Wifes dark blue Honda van. I am usually bored because the Zaino system requires very little maintance. Now my weekly process is wash Z7, dry with MF drying towels, Z16 the tires then Z8 body , car is awesome , protected in under 45 min. My dash, ,engine compartment & glass product is WOW from Autotech.

Normal process is wash Z7, ZPC by hand or 7424pc ( rarely need to on my cars because condition is perfect) Z5 2 coats then Z2pro 2 coats and lots of Z8

Z5 Pro ? Z5 is one of my favorite products. When?

imported_memnuts
04-01-2006, 06:35 AM
Z5 Pro ? Z5 is one of my favorite products. When?

When I talked with Sal this week he stated very soon!!!!! If I know Sal he is probably tweaking at this moment. He`s anal in that manner. Always seeking perfection. :xyxthumbs

I would say I can`t wait, but I have been testing the beta Z5Pro`s for almost a year now. :cool:

Z5Pro is as easy to apply as the present Z5. More Z2PRO-like appearance enhancement (wetness, gloss, clarity, depth, etc). Dries quickly like Z2PRO. Buffs like Zaino has always been - a breeze. Best of all more filling/hiding ability for minor surface imperfections. :bolt

dogma
04-01-2006, 07:01 AM
When I talked with Sal this week he stated very soon!!!!! If I know Sal he is probably tweaking at this moment. He`s anal in that manner. Always seeking perfection. :xyxthumbs

I would say I can`t wait, but I have been testing the beta Z5Pro`s for almost a year now. :cool:

Z5Pro is as easy to apply as the present Z5. More Z2PRO-like appearance enhancement (wetness, gloss, clarity, depth, etc). Dries quickly like Z2PRO. Buffs like Zaino has always been - a breeze. Best of all more filling/hiding ability for minor surface imperfections. :bolt

Is it thick like Z2 pro or more liquidy like the present Z5? If its truly better than Z5 its going to be a big hit!

wannafbody
04-01-2006, 07:19 AM
What product is that?

Well, as I said Zaino is pretty darn good (and currently on my car) but Scottwax claims that JW-AJ has a wetter look and RAG preferrs Menzerna FMJ. IMO Tropicare XP has a wetter more liquid look but doesn`t bead water as long.

Stickman81
04-01-2006, 07:42 AM
Well, as I said Zaino is pretty darn good (and currently on my car) but Scottwax claims that JW-AJ has a wetter look and RAG preferrs Menzerna FMJ. IMO Tropicare XP has a wetter more liquid look but doesn`t bead water as long.

I`m a real n00b to the detailing world.

My car was recently detailed by gmblack3a.

Here is the final process (with link to original processes) -

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=69034

I`ve had Zaino on the car before - Z2 F`xed and Z5.

When Bryan finished my car (using JW Prime, AJ and AG) we waited about a week and then applied some JW CJ topped with PB SnG.

IMO the car looks wetter than with Zaino.

The JW products go on very easy too.

You may have seen the picture but thought I would share again.

Click for a larger pic.

http://peachstateposse.com/ipw-web/gallery/albums/album296/IMG_0904a.thumb.jpg (http://peachstateposse.com/ipw-web/gallery/albums/album296/IMG_0904a.jpg)

imported_memnuts
04-01-2006, 07:56 AM
Is it thick like Z2 pro or more liquidy like the present Z5? If its truly better than Z5 its going to be a big hit!

It is about the same consistency as Z2PRO. Yes, like Z2PRO and Z8 in 2005, Z5PRO will be another Home Run, Touchdown, Gooooool, and Bud Pole for Zaino. :lol

Before a product war breaks out about whose product is the best. Let`s just say there are many great products out there. After testing many of the before mention products....Zaino is on "my" vehicles

dogma
04-01-2006, 08:10 AM
It is about the same consistency as Z2PRO. Yes, like Z2PRO and Z8 in 2005, Z5PRO will be another Home Run, Touchdown, Gooooool, and Bud Pole for Zaino. :lol

Before a product war breaks out about whose product is the best. Let`s just say there are many great products out there. After testing many of the before mention products....Zaino is on "my" vehicles

Ageed, We don`t want to start anything. I have FMJ and blackfire 2 IMO They can`t touch Zaino for my cars. Like I said that wetter look of perception I think is the oils and stuff in those products. Some prefer that look , I prefer crisp clarity and the wettness of Zaino especially in the sun , most anything will look good with over exposed pictures.

To be fair though, if there were no Zaino I would choose blackfire 2 over FMJ ( barely)

Scott does a great job,judging from pictures and info shared. We differ on our preferences

but its all matter of what each individual is looking for. If something made my car look better to me I would use it and as far as the durability I could care less, but Zaino is a huge plus .

imported_memnuts
04-01-2006, 08:32 AM
...If something made my car look better to me I would use it.

Exactly!!!! :clap:

SilverLexus
04-01-2006, 08:34 AM
I`ve tested almost everything and Zaino is my go to process and product now. I was amazed to find that it could keep up with AIO plus Souveran on my ES. Z-2 Pro looks just as wet and is far easier to maintain the famous show car finish. Z-8 is equally impressive and I am sure Z-5 Pro will be terrific.

I also find that Zaino is keeping dust and pollen down this season due to the slickness of the finish.