PDA

View Full Version : Eagle One Blue vs Red wash

beefy z
03-31-2006, 06:47 PM
Besides the obvious color, what is the difference between the Eagle One Blue vs the Red ?

This brand is suppossed to be pretty easy on your LSP and I was wondering if it made a difference if you used one over the other. Additionally, regarding stripping your wax(using foam gun) by having to much of the concentrate in the solution, couldn`t one just use less of the concentrate in their mix and not worry about stripping the wax?Thanks.

ntoddalbert
03-31-2006, 08:03 PM
I am curious myself, picked up two bottles since its buy one get one free after rebate on the larger size. The old version was a great easy to get locally product in my opinion, I would expect this to be as good, If not better.

One thing I cant seem to find anymore is E1 QD, its all the wax as you dry.... no QD at all at any local place that always sold E1

On a side note, I left Autozone the other day, 6 quarts of Castrol Syntec, 2 Bottles of AZ Wheel Cleaner, one can of the new Aerosol E1 Spray tire Shine and Finally they sell Clay Magic. With The Autozone Discount card and rebates, I added 3 Megs two packs of the yellow wax applicators, two large bottles of E1 car wash, after the rebates and discounts this was under 35 bucks.

You have to use the coupons, discount card.... saves me a bunch. Picked up 4 free Chevron Purescape Fuel additive, still have a half dozen free bottles of Techron from last time. God im getting cheap.

Slickdeals.net rocks

White95Max
03-31-2006, 08:47 PM
couldn`t one just use less of the [wash soap] concentrate in their mix and not worry about stripping the wax?Thanks.

A more diluted soap concentration would be easier on the wax, but will offer less lubricity to the solution. Therefore you`re more likely to scratch your paint while washing.

beefy z
04-01-2006, 11:28 AM
A more diluted soap concentration would be easier on the wax, but will offer less lubricity to the solution. Therefore you`re more likely to scratch your paint while washing.

WOW... then what`s the answer? is there a way to solve this? what are your thoughts on a wash that provides the lubricity yet won`t strip your lsp. some here are swearing by TOL or TW platinum. not that megs GC or NXT, or PBsss are bad, but they seem to be on the strong side. i guess you don`t mind that for your first wash after the winter or when you`re going to do a full detail anyway, but what about the in-betweens? your thoughts ?????

White95Max
04-01-2006, 11:36 AM
The answer is either to find a soap that offers high lubricity and is gentle on the wax, or be willing to QD and/or wax often. I QD a couple times per week or more, so it`s no big deal to me if the soap is harsh on the wax. I enjoy waxing, and do it at least once per month, or sooner if I get the feeling that it needs rewaxing.

I use QEW almost exclusively on my car, with S&G mixed in. When I do wash the car with a hose, I use TOL Bubble Bath. In the warmer months, I wash the car with QEW/S&G, and wash the wheels/tires with Bubble Bath.

ntoddalbert
04-01-2006, 11:55 AM
Once a MONTH? This confirms my obsession may just be a sickness........

I took off my snow tires/rims today, polished/waxed 8 rims and the car, did a complete interior cleaning. Of course about 5 minutes ago rain of Biblical proportions began.

I tried the new Eagle 1 soap, good stuff, in fact for the price great stuff. Still love the Griots, only product I ever buy from them and use it only on my car (please dont tell my future wife). Its a great soap and if you want slickness its a great choice. Email me if you want a tiny sample to try.

Next week we will all be complaining of the Pollen.......

JoeJ
04-01-2006, 12:36 PM
FalconGuy- I do the same thing! I use the nice products on my fam/GF`s cars, and reserve the REALLY nice stuff for only my truck. HAHA!

ntoddalbert
04-01-2006, 02:09 PM
Maybe we can get a group rate at OCD therapy?

BigAl3
04-01-2006, 07:49 PM
the new blue version is alot better than the old red version, imo. the blue formula suds alot more, as the red formula would dissipate after a while...

ntoddalbert
04-01-2006, 08:31 PM
Its even better when its buy one get one free , I now have 6 of the large size bottles, should be all set for the summer considering this it`s for my fiance and once and a while My Dad or her Mom`s car.

I will use the E1 on my car, but the Griots is only for my car, I can and do, use others. But nobody else uses my Griots.....

Im in such a spring deal mood....

Walked out of Autozone today with.... 6 bottles of Megs Wheel Cleaner, buy 2 get one Free. Add to that Eagle one Glass Cleaner $1 off, also Eagle 1 Aerosol Tire Shine $1 off. Added up to over $39 bucks, with the Autozone Rewards card, rebates and the 10% off if you put it all in a bucket deal I paid about $21. On top of that it counts towards another $20 Gift card you get after making 5 $20 purchases.

This balances out to 20% off. $21-20%=4.41 off my order. So my cost for that heavy bag was a little over 16 bucks. The key is to make your purchases as close to $20 since if you make a $40 purchase they don`t punch two holes in the rewards card, its one punch for each purchase OVER $20

Gotta love these sales.... Tomorrow its Pep Boys.... And if the little lady gets her nails done as expected, I may just Hit R&S Strauss again, couple of Free after Rebate products. The Irish in me , I just cant say no to free things, especially from companies Like Chevron, Megs and oil filters.... God where am I gonna hide this stuff?

I must have 20 bottles of wheel cleaner that I bought for the price of 10 this week, one observation, I always been a Eagle 1 wheel cleaner fan but I have to say the new Megs, both Hot Shine Cool Rims and Megs Instant Wheel Cleaner really impressed me.

I think the new formulation of the E1 has been made more mild for the general public, at least for me it seems to be, no where near like the old Orange Bottle that seemed at times like It would kill you if the wind changed direction.......

White95Max
04-01-2006, 09:46 PM
Once a MONTH?

Is that surprising to hear that I wax once a month?