PDA

View Full Version : anyone get the guru wax report??

Pages : [1] 2

imported_steveo3002
03-31-2006, 08:16 AM
ive the guru report mentioned on the internet several times, sounds like it might be a good read

any one got it?

petp
03-31-2006, 08:38 AM
do they have a new one out? last i heard they ranked p21s as the best carnuba...but i believe this was before natys or souveran were all the buzz.

docker
03-31-2006, 08:42 AM
ive the guru report mentioned on the internet several times, sounds like it might be a good read

any one got it?

Where and how to get? Please share... ;)

Edited: I think I found it here

http://www.gurureports.org/

imported_steveo3002
03-31-2006, 08:52 AM
yeah docker thats the one!....im suprised someone hasnt brought it and copied it on the internet

Setec Astronomy
03-31-2006, 08:55 AM
It`s out of print--is it legal to talk about it now that you can`t buy it? I don`t think so. It`s a bit out of date, no newer products like NXT, Reflections, Jeff`s, etc. They talk about various new reports coming out, but :rolleyes:

EDIT: oh yeah, no Poorboy`s, either. I will comment that there was a very pronounced bell curve distrubution as far as their durability findings, with a couple products on the high end, a couple garbage, and most almost the same. In that regard, it really was a validation of process>product. I did have some issue with their test panel preparation and scoring, I thought it could have been more scientific on both counts.

3Dog
03-31-2006, 09:10 AM
Wasnt there a lawsuit involved with Guru reports?

Setec Astronomy
03-31-2006, 09:22 AM
Lawsuit? Over what?

DM101
03-31-2006, 11:44 AM
Now that is sold out could someone post it for all of us to see? That would be great!

THANKS

Accumulator
03-31-2006, 12:15 PM
That report was an interesting read, but they needed a better proof-reader. For some reason I tend to cut Steve and the guys a lot of slack about the errors, but IMO anybody who`s planning on buying stuff based on that publication might oughta discuss it here first.

If it`s out of print that`s one thing, but otherwise IMO it`d be ungentlemanly to just copy/post their findings onto the net.

3Dog
03-31-2006, 12:30 PM
Lawsuit? Over what?

I did a quick search and was not successful so I may have to say nevermind.

But there was something going on that took it off the market..it may have been with Steve and his partners.....I was not saying anything wrong with the report..although this forum is better suited for test results..IMO.

TigerMike
03-31-2006, 12:41 PM
The report came out a long time back...used to be a big discussion here back in the day.

Anyway, Zaino was ranked #1 overall I remember, followed by P21S. Collinite also scored favorably for durability. Souveran was tested IIRC...just wasn`t a top scorer.

IMO, I think most of the newer products that have come to market since the test would not have changed the findings/rankings all that much....but that`s my opinion.

Big Leegr
03-31-2006, 01:46 PM
From what I remember reading of the possible lawsuit was that a couple of companies with "similar" products threatened to sue if certain things were said or not ranked well enough. I wasn`t privy to any more details, though. I don`t have any concrete evidence, just a "recollection."

There is still one site that I`ve seen that`s still selling the report. I think it`s about $6 or $7 now.

I think if you were to Google it, the site may show up. They also sell towels. ;)

percynjpn
04-01-2006, 01:12 AM
There is still one site that I`ve seen that`s still selling the report. I think it`s about $6 or $7 now.

Save your money. It`s very much dated, didn`t test many of the most popular products out there now, the products were applied on various old body panels *without stating which colors they were applied on*, and the results for durability were suddenly ended by the fact that a big snowstorm seemed to have stripped off most of the products from the test panels after several weeks (I`m not joking). A good effort, but not that useful IMHO. (though it did introduce me to P21S).

wannafbody
04-01-2006, 07:08 AM
I`d pretty much ignore the guru reports. We all know Zaino and Collinite are durable. Some of the testing methods used for various tests were questioned and some of the results(for whatever reasons) don`t jive with others real world results.

rusty64
04-06-2007, 07:47 AM
Have anyone can tell me where can I purchase and get the guru report completed version ?

Thank You,

Rusty