PDA

View Full Version : Vynl cleaner, whats the best????

imported_Darin
03-30-2006, 07:57 PM
Amorall only lasts for about a week, then it basically fades away and the shine is gone. There has godda be something better. I`ve seen mothers vynl cleaner in stores but im really not sure what to buy. I`m looking for long lasting shine.

drck1000
03-30-2006, 08:28 PM
Have been using 303 Protectant on the vinyl dash and trim in the new car. Have used 1Z Cockpit Premium and 303 Fabric Cleaner (diluted 1:4 with distilled water) on the interior vinyl of the family van. I like the matte look of the 303 Protectant on the dash. Nice finish that doesn`t increase glare. Been using 303 also to dress the tires on the new car as well. Thinking about trying out Vinylex or the 1Z Vinyl-Rubber next as well.

I tried out NXT Tech Interior Protectant on the vinyl in the the family van and it left a super slick and glossy finish. Not much cleaning power either. Didn`t like it at all.

derek37
03-30-2006, 11:10 PM
i like #40

JohnZ3MC
03-31-2006, 01:54 AM
Cleaners clean, protectants protect. Rarely can one product do both well. With that in mind, we`ll start with the subject of your thread.

cleaning plastic - Plastik-Reiniger by Einszett - an absolute winner for cleaning plastic, vinyl or rubber. Simply the best. www.1z-usa.com

protectant - 303 space age protectant. It protects with a matte/muted finish and I`m partial to the look of it. Elegance without splashiness. Old money compared to new. Gentility compared to brashness. This one also provides UV protection, vital for dashboards etc. Perfect for interiors but not so good for exteriors as it`s water soluble and will wash off tires and outside trim. Mind you, the UV protection remains even though the product may have washed off the exterior parts. (Use Megs #38 for exterior trim)

If you prefer the shiny look, and there`s nothing wrong with that, there are many other protectants that will provide that interior shine.

Good luck in your quest.

-John C.

DrSauekraut
03-31-2006, 02:34 AM
Cleaner or protectant?

For cleaning, my method is very simple – diluted APC and steam with a MF. For protection, I prefer either FK108 or 303. Both provide a durable, non-greasy, low gloss finish :bigups

yankees1
03-31-2006, 04:34 AM
303 Vinyl protectant!

jfelbab
03-31-2006, 05:28 AM
Best vinyl cleaner I`ve ever used = Meguiar`s #39 Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner.

:2thumbs:

D Tailor
03-31-2006, 06:30 AM
For Cleaner: TOL`s APC diluted 1:10

For Protectant: Wolfgang`s Vinyl Protectant