PDA

View Full Version : What`s a good Pressure Washer / Storage tank to start off with?

MikeWLS1
03-30-2006, 12:25 PM
I`m a bit new so exuse my illknowledge... I`m going to go into the business of mobile detailing this summer however I need a ball park figure of what kind of pressure washer to start off with? I was thinking 3,000 PSI would be enough? If not then what is? Also what would be a good brand to look into while staying relatively cheap? How much will a decent pressure washer run me? Also where can I get a water storage tank to carry around in a truck and feed the pressure washer? Thanks in advanced...

Ron Harris
03-30-2006, 09:30 PM
Home Depot has a Honda $699.00 Not cheep but will not let you down.

You can also find the same Pressure washer with a different pump at Northern Tool along with water tanks.

Just because a pressure washer produces 3000 psi dosn`t mean you need to use all that psi to wash. I have mine turned down to around 1000 psi. Works fine and saves water.

The Big Kahuna
04-03-2006, 05:49 PM
I have been using a Karcher 3000 psi, gas powered, for years. About a year ago I purchased a 1500 psi electric Karcher to tide me over while the gas one was under repair. Since then I never have used the gas washer on my vehicles. Here are my pros and cons of each:

GAS

++ If you have other jobs around the house, especially stubborn stains on concrete, this is the way to go.

- Will SEVERELY damage stuff on your vechicle if used wrong. (I punctured a tire once, belive it or not)

- My Karcher is constantly under repair (4th one I have owned.)

- A hassle to bring out, if you wash your car often.

- Your neighbors will love the noise if you use it in the evening.... :hairpull

ELECTRIC

+ Never, at least for me, breaks down

+ Quiet

+ Easy to set-up

+ Small size

+ Can be used in an enclosed garage

+ Does, in my opinion, the same job the gas will do on a vehicle.

+++ AFFORDABLE, to most...

Good luck.....