PDA

View Full Version : Am I using leatherique correctly

perpetual-newb
03-30-2006, 11:04 AM
I want to make sure I`m not doing this wrong.

1. Wipe down seat with damp cloth to get the dirt out.

2. Apply leatherique oil with spray bottle and brush

3. Wait a few hours/days to allow absorption.

4. Spray with prestine clean, wipe with terry until sticky film is gone.

5. Wipe with damp towel to remove residue.

6. Allow it to dry then apply 303 spray protectant.

Is this a good procedure or am I missing something?

epbrown01
03-30-2006, 11:27 AM
Well, I don`t wipe the seats down before applying Rejuvenator Oil. I just vacuum them well to remove any grit, then rub in the oil and leave the seats overnight. Spray in Prestine Clean, wipe the seats until they`re clean and the excess oil is removed. I don`t use 303 Protectant, but I guess you can.

spotter
03-31-2006, 07:47 AM
I always rub in the Rejuvenator Oil liberally by hand. IMO, the key to the whole process is then letting the car sit for at least a day in the sun (I wait until it is at least 80+ degrees - 90 degrees is better). If it is only 70 degrees I would try to give it 2 days. The RO needs the heat to really lift the dirt from the leather. Then use the Pristine Clean to follow up and remove the RO. I love 303 but I don`t see the need for it immediately after the Leatherique process - maybe a couple of weeks later for UV protection.

imported_steveo3002
03-31-2006, 08:22 AM
anyone get itchy after using the oil?? i got really itchy on my hands and face after using it..so i wear gloves now

gmblack3
03-31-2006, 09:10 AM
I always rub in the Rejuvenator Oil liberally by hand. IMO, the key to the whole process is then letting the car sit for at least a day in the sun (I wait until it is at least 80+ degrees - 90 degrees is better). If it is only 70 degrees I would try to give it 2 days. The RO needs the heat to really lift the dirt from the leather. Then use the Pristine Clean to follow up and remove the RO. I love 303 but I don`t see the need for it immediately after the Leatherique process - maybe a couple of weeks later for UV protection.

Like OT said. The hotter/longer the better for RO. I also run it in by hand. Use alot and sometimes I come back in a few hours to re-apply RO again.

I have not had a problem with my hands, but it never hurts to wear gloves when using any product.

ericthebikeman
03-31-2006, 08:43 PM
anyone get itchy after using the oil?? i got really itchy on my hands and face after using it..so i wear gloves now

I was wondering that myself. I used some on my leather jacket and ended up in the hospital when I had an allergic reaction, what a way to spend ones birthday. :( My hands got extremely itchy and began to swell badly. Now I wear neoprene gloves.

It is still the best leather conditioner I`ve ever used, softened up my brother`s leather jacket from a near cardboard state.

imported_steveo3002
04-01-2006, 02:05 AM
i thought it was just me being a freak...must be quiet potent stuff to cause such a reaction, i use all manner of hazzardous chemicals and paints at work and never have any wierd reactions

did you contact leatherique about it..i guess we both should , so they can warm customers

ericthebikeman
04-02-2006, 11:37 AM
No I didn`t, I figured I`d be told wear gloves. I can`t prove that was the cause either, although it was the only new product I used and I don`t know of any allergies.

It still wasn`t as bad as when I got zip-strip on my arm when it dripped off my gloved hand. Man does that burn.