PDA

View Full Version : Several UPP coats...

ScoobyDrew06
03-29-2006, 09:40 PM
i see a lot of you guys apply more than one coat of UPP. I don`t have the bottle on me right now but I`m pretty sure it says it must cure for several (12?24?) hours before you can apply another coat. How do you guys pull that off? Also how long should I wait to apply a coat of carnauba

imported_smprince1
03-30-2006, 04:56 AM
My guess is these people are doing something like this:

Apply a 2nd coat right away in order to assure complete coverage (if desired).

Wait the required cure time to apply more coats of UPP if you are attempting to "layer".

Wait the required cure time after last coat of UPP before topping with any carnauba.

Setec Astronomy
03-30-2006, 05:06 AM
I haven`t layered (or topped) UPP, but for SG a lot of us have done things like smprince1 mentioned, like putting two coats on (for even coverage), say, on a Saturday, then another layer on Sunday, then an additional layer or two per weekend after wash/QD. So, if you have enough energy, and good weather, over the course of three weekends you might be able to put on a foundation, and 5 more layers. At that point you can top it with a carnauba, and then just maintain the `nuba for several months (reapplying periodically), if you are careful with your washing. Some have said that no topper has the slickness of UPP, however.

White95Max
03-30-2006, 05:06 AM
Just apply one coat, then a day or two later, QD the car (or wash if needed) and add another coat. Simple.

VroomVroom
03-30-2006, 07:48 AM
Whenever possible, I do apply multiple coats with 24 hours in between. On my truck I`ll usually apply one coat after a full detail on a Saturday, then a second on Sunday afternoon. If time permits I`ll apply another coat the following weekend. Look is subjective of course, but there seems to be more pop with each coat, and the durability is amazing. I haven`t applied a coat since December (although I have applied a quick dose of UPP spray) and the finish still looks good and is very slick.

drck1000
03-30-2006, 10:46 AM
I applied the second coat on my new car a week later after washing. I don`t typically have time on a given weekend to wait the next day for the second coat.