PDA

View Full Version : Looking For A Mentor...

CleanFreak
05-15-2003, 06:29 PM
Greetings,

I am looking for an established mobile detailer to be a mentor. I have detailed vehicles for 8 years at a detail shop but left last year to work for a Aluminum Casting company. My passion for detailing has never stopped. With 12 hr shifts, I`m able to detail on the side. Now I might be facing layoff very soon. I want to take mobile detailing for surriously. My budget is limited. I have almost everything. But, my set back is I can only use a customers water source and electricity. In the future I will pick up a small generator and water tank. But for now, I can get away with what I have.

I just need alittle help in marketing and taxes. I have flyers and bussiness cards but would like others ways of catching attention. I know word of mouth is great but I am still starting out.

Any help would be appreciated...

SquirrelMaster
05-16-2003, 10:30 PM
I am in the same situation as you. I work 3 12`s at a pharmaceutical plant and detail during the week. I detail at my house; a pick-up and delivery service if you will....so amybe we can share info as we get it from different sources. Right now I detail everyones cars within my network of people and at the plant that I work at but I am having difficulty expanding beyond that. I feel your pain but everyone here is great, and with their knoledge and guidence, hopefully our businesses will take off!

Beemerboy
05-18-2003, 11:02 AM
We are all in the same boat per-say. What I have done is go to golf course`s and asked the manager is I could set some flyers at the desk which was no big deal to them. Next is that I hang out in the parking lot and look for the cars that I want to clean.
What I have found is you need to go to the business and ask for it. Most everyone that I have talked to can see that I am serious about what I do and having my black BMW with me I can show them my work. I also take pics of al the cars that I clean some before and after I have those in a profilo so they can see that I have worked on some high end and lower end cars. I also have two testimonials from customers and references if needed.
The other way is that I joined a referral group, we meet every Wednesday AM and exchange leads, it comprises, doctors, lawyers, sales people of all kinds, house cleaners,etc. Its been a great way to get into allot of networks.

If I find a day that I do not have a car I go marketing my service, its the only way that I know to get myself out there.