PDA

View Full Version : Using NXT on top of OP??

TN9thSi
03-28-2006, 11:28 AM
This morning I have been polishing my car with Optimum Polish. This is mt first experience with OP and I am very impressed. I have enough working time to completely remove any swirls. I don`t have to re-load the pad, or clean up the gunk every few minutes. All this with no dust! Excellent product. Anyway, I`m having a hard time deciding what to use after OP. I have NXT, Wolfgang, Werkstatt AJ/CJ, OCW, and EX-P. I really want to use a sealant as the dust around here is terrible. Carnaubas attract too much dust for my car which lives outdoors 24/7. The paint is a medium metallic blue (Mazda`s Lapis Blue Metallic for those who know the color) What would be the best? Can I use NXT after OP??

I want the metallic in the paint to really pop. Here`s a past pic of my hood in the sun. Can`t remember what I used on it, though.

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/6_Detail_1.jpg

Dtail
03-28-2006, 12:43 PM
U sure can use NXT on top of the optimum polish. NXt looks really good in blue.

Wasatch
03-28-2006, 12:46 PM
I`ve never used OP, but you should be ok with any of the products you mentioned. Go with the AJ.

D Tailor
03-28-2006, 01:05 PM
On my Windsor Blue Passat I use WG Sealant and follow with layers of FMJ. But I think NXT would look sick on a brighter blue than mine like yours.

TGates
03-28-2006, 01:18 PM
I would go with the NXT personally. I find that Wolfgang attracts a lot of dust, but it looks great.

D Tailor
03-28-2006, 02:22 PM
WG IS A DUST MAGNET I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!! I just sealed car and it looks like dust hippo only two days later. yet when clean, WG is meeeeeeeen.

TN9thSi
03-28-2006, 04:52 PM
Well, the car is done! I decided on OP/AIO/NXT. Looks really nice. I had forgotten how awesome NXT was on my car. Now, what QD would be best to maintain it? I used Sonus Acrylic Spritz to get all the smudges and dust off. Do NXT and OCW get along with each other?? I was thinking of using OCW as a booster. I`ll try to have some pics tomorrow, no daylight left now :(

Scottwax
03-28-2006, 05:55 PM
AJ will be the most durable but on metallic blue, it is a toss-up between AJ and NXT when it comes to appearance.