PDA

View Full Version : Swirl Removal Product

former86camaro
03-28-2006, 09:25 AM
Here is my situation; I purchased the Sonus SFX line of polish/swirl removal a few months ago. I have tried everything, but it has been a nightmare product for me or others in my tiny group to use. I have tried working it in till dusting, QD to assist removal, but compared to the PB SSR line it is PURE EVIL for me.

Unfortunately, the SSR line does really fit my nitch either. Their polish is nice, their SSR’s are good, but I know something better has to be out there.

I recently began using DP Sealant and love it compared to EX’s Sealant. (both are great though) I also love using Natty’s Blue. How Does Nattys compare to Max Wax? Natty’s outdoes Pinnacle Sovereign Which I used to use as a topper.

So what is another good swirl removal product line? Anyone use the DP line?

I am looking for easy off, can contain fillers to help hide some things too.

Also, Anyone use Max Wax? How does it compare to Natty’s or Pinnacle?

Anyone in the Orlando area want the Sonus SFX line to try, almost full bottles, one half used, but I do not want to touch them anymore.

BobD
03-28-2006, 09:29 AM
If you don`t care about just hiding swirls I have been recommending Four Star Professional 4-54 Sealant.

former86camaro
03-28-2006, 09:32 AM
At this point I am wondering if it is worth keeping the work up for removal. I would like a remover with a tad bit of hider in it. Something that does take the edge off the swirl, but yet fills a tad so you do not have to kill yourself. Time is been hetic recently, the kid, and life, but still want it to look nice. I have a PC and nice pads and will order some new pads here soon.

RAG
03-28-2006, 09:32 AM
Optimum polishes are easy on and easy off. Look no further if you are convinced SFX is not for you.

SFX polishes are a bit expensive for me to use professionally, but in testing them I thought they worked rather well...and left a better finish on black than the SSRs.

RAG
03-28-2006, 09:42 AM
If you want a polish with some fillers, I`ve had great luck with Meguiars #9 (it really looks great on dark colors due to glaze-like agents). If you have anything greater than the lightest of swirls, you will probalby want to step up to the Meguairs #80.

DM101
03-28-2006, 11:38 AM
I would try the Menzerna line of polishes. That way you will remove and not just cover up.

http://www.properautocare.com/mengerbespol.html

Pinnacle Sourvan is best of the two you gave. Natty`s close behind.