PDA

View Full Version : Swirls!!!!!

spartacus_33
03-28-2006, 09:18 AM
Several months ago I got hit (twice in 2 days). Some of you may be familiar with the STORY (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119272&highlight=idiot) .

They did a great job repairing the damage and painting. The problem is... when they did their final detail, they caused swirls on the rear bumper and quarter panel. :hairpull

I took it back last week and they admitted that it was pretty swirly.... they kept it for the day and provided me with a rental car.

They apparently worked on it all day, but with a normal rotary buffer and some 3M product.

The car has some road film and dust on it since I picked it up (I haven`t touched it yet) and I can already see swirls when parked in bright sunlight.

My dilema is.. if I keep taking it back and they keep polishing it with a rotary buffer... they probably will never solve the problem. I`ve thought about taking it back, and providing them with my PC 7424 and Sonus SFX-2.

Any suggestions? :nixweiss

drewdown
03-28-2006, 10:18 AM
Same thing happened to me man. I disputed the charge with AMEX because the bodyshop was completely inept at doing any kind of detail work (finsihing). Wouldnt even bring in a professional to do it for them. they took my car back 3 times and each time it would come back in worse shape. finally just going to have a local or do it myself.

So unless they want to bring in a professional I wouldnt even bother with taking it back.

WSUcommuter
03-28-2006, 10:29 AM
If you are capable of finishing it yourself to where you are satisfied with it, I`d do this:

Document your receipts of the materials you had to purchase in order to accomplish this

Document your labor in hours

Send the shop a bill.

You will not get a positive response from them, but at least your car will not go further away from where you want it to be and they will be made aware that you will not accept less than satisfactory from them. Of course, you may need to use another body shop in the future should the need arise ;)