PDA

View Full Version : between Klase SG and Zaino, which protects longer and prevents scratches better?

imported_thecarguy
03-28-2006, 06:35 AM
If you had to choose between Zaino and AIO/SG, which performs better in these two parameters:

- lasts longer

- is more durable (is harder shell to protect against scratches)

Thanks

SilverLexus
03-28-2006, 06:42 AM
In my experience Zaino is more durable all around. As an added bonus it looks better than SG by a mile. I also like the renewing process of Z-8 which I don`t believe there is an equivalent of for Klasse.

Recently I have done two Ford F-150 for contractors who drive them to work sites often and I have been amazed at how well Z-5 has held up on both of them given the wear and tear.

TigerMike
03-28-2006, 07:00 AM
This is an age old question, and I`d recommend you spend some time searching the forum for the hundreds of threads on this subject. That said...

Zaino lasts longer for me and I believe is more durable/protective. Z is known for its durability, among other qualities. Zaino is also MUCH easier for me to use than SG. I put my bottle of SG on the shelf a long time ago... But, YMMV

With so many great Z products that compliment the polishes (like Z6, Z7, Z8 for instance), I find the Z system just more fun as well, compared to Klasse.

This ought to start you in the right direction...

http://autopia.org/forum/search.php?searchid=422008

imported_thecarguy
03-28-2006, 08:32 AM
thanks tiger. I`ll try to search b4 posting in the future. sometimes, your esact quesion is not framed that way you mean to ask. But I will search more.

thanks

topnotchtouch
03-28-2006, 08:39 AM
I like and use both extensively on cars and bikes and there isn`t as much difference in durability as most will suggest. One thing you have to keep in mind is that most of the Zaino companion products like Z6, Z7 and Z8 contain small amounts of the polish so you are continually renewing the finish when you use them. Similar products are also available for Klasse in the Sonus line that David sells at the Autopia Car Care site. As to which has a harder shell, your guess is as good as anyone elses here, not sure how you would measure that. I will agree though that for ease of application and removal Zaino wins hands down. They do have slightly different looks as well. That is a matter of taste though...

Here is a picture of my Mustang with 2 layers of AIO and 2 layers of SG...

http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/2760dsc00041.jpg

stilez
03-28-2006, 09:02 AM
This is an age old question, and I`d recommend you spend some time searching the forum for the hundreds of threads on this subject. That said...

Zaino lasts longer for me and I believe is more durable/protective. Z is known for its durability, among other qualities. Zaino is also MUCH easier for me to use than SG. I put my bottle of SG on the shelf a long time ago... But, YMMV

With so many great Z products that compliment the polishes (like Z6, Z7, Z8 for instance), I find the Z system just more fun as well, compared to Klasse.

This ought to start you in the right direction...

http://autopia.org/forum/search.php?searchid=422008

Ditto.

Furthermore, a big area that sells me is how Zaino is consistently updated with new technology. Also, when you buy from Zaino, they insure the product was made in under 30 days from it being shipped out, hence, longer shelf life. I really feel Klasse has "fallen off" with all of their products. Without updates in many many years, Zaino is easily walking by.

SilverLexus
03-28-2006, 09:26 AM
I really feel Klasse has "fallen off" with all of their products.

I would agree. The new formula for AIO lacks in durability and looks based on my tests.

imported_memnuts
03-28-2006, 04:11 PM
I can not make a comparison because of my limited usage of SG. I must state that the present regimen of Zaino products ( Z-PC, Z2-PRO, Z6, Z7 and Z8 and soon to be released Z5PRO) is a difficult program to beat. :xyxthumbs

The new Z5PRO that has been beta tested for the last year is "really" a great product for hiding the marring in the protectant that is unavoidable if you wash and QD your vehicle. Z5PRO now fills these minor protectant marring. :woot:.

Z5PRO won`t disquise a poorly prep surface but it will fill, more lasting, defects that a good glaze will hide. :dance

Casebrius
03-29-2006, 01:02 PM
I don`t have enough experience with both to comment directly on your question, but there are members who dilute SG with water and use it as a QD, thus adding product while QDing.