PDA

View Full Version : Paste Synthetic or Sealant?

CharlesW
02-24-2005, 12:20 PM
In typical Iowa weather I cleaned up 3 vehicles in the last two days and with the optimistic forecast, I had expected to go into the week-end looking good.
I don`t know exactly how, but they now say that they missed the disturbance that gave us another 1/2" to 2" of snow last night. So far, 2 of the 3 are messed up already and the 3rd will be out soon.

Anyway with my frustration, I try to keep busy thinking about something other than the weather and....

With the popularity of paste waxes, a question come to my mind. (lots of room in there)
Does anyone make a paste sealant? I think the 3M Showcar paste had some synthetic wax in it, but the durability evidently isn`t in the true sealant league.
I`m not looking for one, just wondering. By tomorrow I will forget all about it.:)

Charles

AhsGrad1973
02-24-2005, 12:41 PM
Charles, there is the new Meguiar`s NXT Paste that they released this year. Haven`t used it, as I am using 4 * UPP.

CharlesW
02-24-2005, 12:48 PM
Charles, there is the new Meguiar`s NXT Paste that they released this year. Haven`t used it, as I am using 4 * UPP.:doh
Since I still consider the NXT Tech Wax a wax and not really a sealant, I didn`t even think about their new paste version.

Charles

dalmore
02-24-2005, 12:52 PM
Isn`t Pinnacle Signature a mixture of wax and polymers - does that count as sealant?

CharlesW
02-24-2005, 01:17 PM
Isn`t Pinnacle Signature a mixture of wax and polymers - does that count as sealant?That I don`t know, but it sounds a lot like the same type of product as the 3M Showcar Paste Wax.:dunno
I was thinking more along the lines of 4 Star UPP, Poorboy`s EX-P, Klasse SG or Zaino type of pure(?) sealants.

Charles

TW85
02-24-2005, 02:09 PM
I remember Steve from Poorboy`s saying he talked to his chemist about a paste sealant with the verdict being that a true sealant could not be in paste form.

Anthony A
02-27-2005, 11:11 AM
Not recommending you use it but isn`t Nu Finish a paste sealant?

CharlesW
02-27-2005, 11:25 AM
Not recommending you use it but isn`t Nu Finish a paste sealant?I think you are right. I have always considered NuFinish a sealant based on what I have read. Their literature says it doesn`t contain wax, but that only tells you it doesn`t contain wax according to the manufacturer.:)
I wasn`t aware that Nu Finish was available in a paste until today. :doh
I know someone that used to use the liquid and he felt it was a great product. :dunno
It certainly isn`t very expensive if some of you want to try it and comment. :D

So far that`s one probable, (Nu Finish), and one possible, (NXT Tech Wax).

Charles

Dalton
03-03-2005, 01:48 PM
How then would you catagorize PB Wheel Sealant. Isnt this solid/paste? I havent used it so I dont know for sure but the container leads me to believe its paste/solid.

TW85
03-03-2005, 03:09 PM
Poorboy`s Wheel Sealant has the consistency of pudding. I was expecting a paste and was surprised to open the jar and see it was not at all solid.

Dalton
03-03-2005, 05:35 PM
Even so. It is a sealant that is not liquid. Interesting!!!

If it does contain wax then could it really be effective as a wheel sealant.