PDA

View Full Version : Landed a collector

imported_turbomangt
03-27-2006, 05:37 AM
My seminars are going quite well so far this year, and what happened last week tells me I`m going in the right direction. After my presentation I had a guy come up to me and said he was impressed with my talk. So much so that he wanted me to detail all his cars. (OK, I`m thinking his car and his wife`s) I then asked him how many cars he owns, when he said 25, I tried to keep my composure and just take it in stride. Some of the cars he started naming made me get goose bumps just thinking about them. (56 Corvette, 69 GTX, 70 super bee 440, to name a few, plus some pretty nice late model cars) he is bringing his 04 Viper and 06 Corvette to me in 2 weeks, I will post pics as I do them. Sounds like this will be fun.................Gary

TN9thSi
03-27-2006, 06:44 AM
Whoa! Better get the camera ready. You know we would never forgive you if you didn`t document the process on all 25 cars in entirety! Can`t wait to see the pics. Congrats on landing such a cool gig.

imported_thecarguy
03-27-2006, 07:17 AM
tell me about your seminar content? (I`m in NC, not a competitor)

doged
03-27-2006, 07:54 AM
My seminars are going quite well so far this year, and what happened last week tells me I`m going in the right direction. After my presentation I had a guy come up to me and said he was impressed with my talk. So much so that he wanted me to detail all his cars. (OK, I`m thinking his car and his wife`s) I then asked him how many cars he owns, when he said 25, I tried to keep my composure and just take it in stride. Some of the cars he started naming made me get goose bumps just thinking about them. (56 Corvette, 69 GTX, 70 super bee 440, to name a few, plus some pretty nice late model cars) he is bringing his 04 Viper and 06 Corvette to me in 2 weeks, I will post pics as I do them. Sounds like this will be fun.................Gary

This is the kind of client professional marketing attracts!!!

imported_turbomangt
03-27-2006, 08:15 AM
You can read about my seminars on my web site, I had my web master post the newspaper aritcles written about them. Not sure if I can post my web site legally here, perhaps someone else can. Gary

imported_thecarguy
03-27-2006, 08:44 AM
nice write-ups - thanks

D Tailor
03-27-2006, 08:58 AM
just curious about your pricing turbomangt, you give a $75 discount on a complete interior exterior?

i saw your complete int. = 125 and complete ext = 175. Your prices seem very fair, but I was just wondering about the reason for why they don`t add to 225. seems like a hella discount for a combo deal. just curious.

eric77
03-27-2006, 10:03 AM
Awesome!!! We will need some pics.

BTW, I just sent an m5 owner your way. Im sure hell be satisfied with your work :)

gav'spurplez
03-29-2006, 02:49 PM
must be nice,

can`t wait to see pics

imported_turbomangt
03-30-2006, 05:16 AM
I figure that $225 is a fair price for a full detail, at least for my market. I try to motivate customers to get the works since they are in my shop by pricing that way, for the record, I do vary few exterior or interior details. gary

jimmybuffit
03-30-2006, 06:26 AM
I figure that $225 is a fair price for a full detail, at least for my market. I try to motivate customers to get the works since they are in my shop by pricing that way, for the record, I do vary few exterior or interior details. gary

I charge in much the same manner, albeit in a different market.

Sedan complete: $200

Ext only: $125

Int only: $125

BTW, we have a $25 BLACK paint surcharge. And roughly 65% of the cars we do are black.

Gary, nice snag!

Jim

gav'spurplez
03-30-2006, 09:37 AM
I charge in much the same manner, albeit in a different market.

Sedan complete: $200

Ext only: $125

Int only: $125

BTW, we have a $25 BLACK paint surcharge. And roughly 65% of the cars we do are black.

Gary, nice snag!

Jim

should an independent "on the side" detailer charge about the same or slightly less :think2

D Tailor
03-30-2006, 11:12 AM
should an independent "on the side" detailer charge about the same or slightly less :think2

I would think it would depend on the quality of service and quality of work.Just because one may work "on the side", I don`t think they should try to short-change themselves or undercut (by means of price) the competition.

:usa

Mattress
03-30-2006, 01:22 PM
Im just about to launch my mobile business... and i figure... i start with my fair prices ($150-$230 area) and as soon as i start to expand (looking good), that i will increase my prices; allthough, minimal, i figure my time is worth more down the road!

BTW... nice catch, got a few customers somewhat like that and i havent even started.

Cant wait to see some pics..

-Matt