PDA

View Full Version : Beer Time III

Pages : [1] 2

Wasatch
03-26-2006, 12:36 PM
Hello Everybody,

Having a Unibroue La Fin Du Monde, it`s a Belgian Strong Pale Ale, 9% ABV. It`s malty, citrusy, with some spicy undertones. The taste is sweet but also tangy. Another awesome brew from this brewery. I`ve had a few from Unibroue and have not been dissappointed yet. So, what`s on tap for everyone today?

Wasatch
04-02-2006, 12:40 PM
Today I`m having a Dogfish Head D`Extra. WOW this stuff kicks some ***! At 20% ABV it`s sweet, but not too much, the alcohol content is hidden very well. Very tasty. CMON people what the hell are you drinking these days?

imported_gusbubba
04-02-2006, 02:37 PM
Had something last night from Belgium called `Delirium Tremens`.

15% ABV ,I believe.

The logo for the beer is a pink elephant.....should tell you all you need

to know if the name doesn`t clue you in.

This stuff reminded me of Mr. T----dark and rough.

Not the best beer I`ve ever had , but ,then again, you get what you ask for

when you electively drink something named after withdrawal symptoms.

Wasatch
04-02-2006, 03:45 PM
Delirium Tremens is on my list to get, it is a Belgian Strong Pale Ale at 9% ABV. It should have been in a golden color, right? I have some Delirium Nocturnum Belgian Strong Dark Ale at 8.5% ABV which I have not tasted yet. Belgian brews are an acquired taste to say the least. Very tasty in my book though. I love them.

imported_truzoom
04-02-2006, 06:25 PM
Just had some Stella Artois. Wasn`t too bad, but I probably won`t buy again.

Wasatch
04-02-2006, 06:50 PM
Just had some Stella Artois. Wasn`t too bad, but I probably won`t buy again.

Never had it before. Sorry to say that it is not on my list either. Alot of people like it though. I guess this gives you another reason to try something else, lol

ntoddalbert
04-02-2006, 07:45 PM
I am getting married in 2 weeks in Las Vegas, since I really didnt do much of the planning except getting the room at Bellagio. I was put in charge of planning a meal for about 10-15 people that are flying out to be there for the wedding.

Since this one was up to me , I chose a place with a great Belgian Beer selection, they even have a beer master, like a Sommelier with wine except for beer. They do have the wine expert but hey its the only thing im in charge of and im drinking beer. They have Duvel, Chimay and too many others to list all on tap!. Good thing the limo will be taking us there and back.

Looking forward to having a good beer on tap instead of my fridge. Each beer is served in a glass designed for that particular beer, that has been critical in my exp.

Oh yea, they have good food too... best rated in Vegas 3 years in a row.

http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowPlace.asp?PlaceID=1270

John, I will post a pic of the beer or my bride in her barely legal anywhere but Vegas dress , $5 says you choose the beer?

Bought Stella this week, my worst selection in a long time, my dog who enjoys a lick off my finger turned his nose up at Stella. He is still playing with an empty Duvel bottle now......

Wasatch
04-02-2006, 10:34 PM
FalconGuy,

Hey, have a great wedding day. Don`t drink too much, lol Looking forward to the pic.

imported_gusbubba
04-03-2006, 07:44 AM
9% ABV. It should have been in a golden color, right?

Well , there `ya go. That`s what I get for sitting in a dark bar drinking strange beer....

it affects the memory ,you know.

You`re probably right. All I remember is that it didn`t really suit my tastes.

John , I`m going to Germany next year for a friends wedding.

My understanding is that these things are day-long beer-fests.

I`ll sample all that I can and , if I survive , I`ll report back with more detailed

and reliable info.

DETAILKING
04-03-2006, 07:51 AM
mmm....chimay...

I had some magic hat this weekend (microbrew), and also had a Boddingtons Pub Ale out at a local bar.

Lately, I just can`t enjoy bottled beer that much. It seems to have a "skunked" taste to it vs getting it on tap (this is true for almost all the big names...miller, coors, bud, etc). It`s probably just me getting pickier though as I try more and more beers. Some people swear it`s me but some tap beers I order even don`t taste right some of the time (have that yuck after taste).....uuugh.

GearHead_1
04-03-2006, 07:52 AM
Hey don`t they have an AA Board/Club (Alcohol Aficionado`s) for all this beer talk? J/K :cooleek:

Wasatch
04-03-2006, 07:53 AM
Hey, Have fun in Germany, there are some nice brews over there. Definitely keep us informed on what you had.

Wasatch
04-03-2006, 07:59 AM
mmm....chimay...

I had some magic hat this weekend (microbrew), and also had a Boddingtons Pub Ale out at a local bar.

Lately, I just can`t enjoy bottled beer that much. It seems to have a "skunked" taste to it vs getting it on tap (this is true for almost all the big names...miller, coors, bud, etc). It`s probably just me getting pickier though as I try more and more beers. Some people swear it`s me but some tap beers I order even don`t taste right some of the time (have that yuck after taste).....uuugh.

Chimay awesome Authentic Trappists Beers, love the stuff. I`ve been on a brew/pub kick lately (having their tap stuff) very tasty. Yes, even beer on tap can go bad. Alot still has to do with how the brew is stored/cellared.

Wasatch
04-03-2006, 08:00 AM
Hey don`t they have an AA Board/Club (Alcohol Aficionado`s) for all this beer talk? J/K :cooleek:

Yes, and this is it, LOL

imported_eLrEyNaDa
04-03-2006, 10:23 AM
Hello Everybody,

Having a Unibroue La Fin Du Monde, it`s a Belgian Strong Pale Ale, 9% ABV. It`s malty, citrusy, with some spicy undertones. The taste is sweet but also tangy. Another awesome brew from this brewery. I`ve had a few from Unibroue and have not been dissappointed yet. So, what`s on tap for everyone today?

it not a belgian beer, it`s a Canadian beer made in Quebec.

Try to find 1837, Raftman and Chambly Noire from Unibroue it`s their best, all the beer from this brewery is awesome :)