PDA

View Full Version : New pads for PC 7424

brickyardz
02-24-2005, 10:35 AM
I live in NJ. Now that Spring is right around the corner, I would like to buy some new pads for my PC 7424. I already have the Meguires pads. I would like to try something else this time. What other pads are out there?

JaredPointer
02-24-2005, 10:37 AM
Sonus DAS pads have been excellent for me so far, but in all honesty, the Meg`s pads work just fine too. Big thumbs up to both sets of pads.

CharlesW
02-24-2005, 10:51 AM
I live in NJ. Now that Spring is right around the corner, I would like to buy some new pads for my PC 7424. I already have the Meguires pads. I would like to try something else this time. What other pads are out there?Why?:)
Not trying to hassle you, but are you unhappy with the Meg`s pads or do you just feel the need to experiment?
If you are looking for something different to try, the Edge quick disconnect system sounds interesting to me. The pads seem to be well thought of and the quick disconnect feature would be handy.
Another series of pads that sounded interesting were those sold by Excel Detail. The pad evidently has a slight recess in the backing to help with centering the pad on the backing plate.

FWIW, I`m using the Meg`s pads with a 5" Meg`s backing plate and own too many Meg`s pads to make a switch even if I wanted to.

Charles

brickyardz
02-24-2005, 11:38 AM
Just experimenting.

CharlesW
02-24-2005, 11:47 AM
Just experimenting.Check
This (http://www.detailcity.com/showthread.php?p=103999#post103999)

Charles