PDA

View Full Version : Saturdays Project: E350 w/Ceramiclear

Pages : [1] 2

a.k.a. Patrick
03-25-2006, 06:35 PM
Short of actually looking at the I.D., this car had to have Ceramiclear! What a beautiful finish, and thank goodness I was called before it was actually in need of repairing (Dont you love those customers?) Neither me or my assitant Doug could even detect any swirls or spiderwebbing issues......Simply a beautiful product PPG !!

First off, thanks to Doug, Doug came aboard a month or so ago, and has proven to be a very valuable asset. He`s extremely eager to learn the ways of proper detailing. We often double check each others work which insures a great job.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/exceldetail/Doug_E350.jpg

Beautiful car!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/exceldetail/after_2.jpg

Beautiful home!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/exceldetail/House_car.jpg

Right before the rain started!!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/exceldetail/after_3.jpg

I opted for a general cleaning with Optimum polish, Light Polishing Pad, then FS UPP...

Wheels cleaned with Charliesoap, tires treated with NXT Extreme shine, leather treated with very dampened MF and 303, interior Scotchguarded.

White95Max
03-25-2006, 06:39 PM
Wow that`s quite a home that shiny car has!

Scottwax
03-25-2006, 07:07 PM
Excellente! :drool:

I agree, the PPG paint is very nice. Should be no cobwebbing right off the lot and if you are careful, it takes a real long time to have any polishing issues.

Accumulator
03-25-2006, 07:26 PM
a.k.a. Patrick- That must`ve been an enjoyable detail. Lucky you, having Doug!

a.k.a. Patrick
03-25-2006, 09:01 PM
G, hes a good man! I enjoy working with him, `cept when he tells me I missed "here or there"......

Scott, me and Doug kind of wondered why we were even there. I mean it came out great with just a clay & cleaning! I wish every car was this easy, but next Saturday it two black cars. 1 Range Rover with terrible roof paint (Orange peel extreme), and a Carrera S with average swirls.....

DocHoliday
03-25-2006, 09:47 PM
G, hes a good man! I enjoy working with him, `cept when he tells me I missed "here or there"......

Scott, me and Doug kind of wondered why we were even there. I mean it came out great with just a clay & cleaning! I wish every car was this easy, but next Saturday it two black cars. 1 Range Rover with terrible roof paint (Orange peel extreme), and a Carrera S with average swirls.....How did you get these customers? What did you do to get going.

RCBuddha
03-25-2006, 11:18 PM
Looks great Patrick! How does he get away with not having a front license plate?

a.k.a. Patrick
03-26-2006, 01:02 AM
Looks great Patrick! How does he get away with not having a front license plate?

Craig, the local law inforcement is fairly lax on the issue. I dont even have one on my Expedition. The dealer he got it from didnt do a vey favorable installation of the brackets either. I told him I could get him some matching plugs if he wanted.

How did you get these customers? What did you do to get going. Doc, i asked todays customer how he had "heard about Exceldetail", and he replied he found us online, and thru various forum recommendations.

You have to put yourself out there. As for next weekends work (which was actually scheduled for tomorrow but cancelled due to a severe allergy problem) Im not sure how he heard of me. It seams as though all the Porsche work I have done has resulted from 1 client about a year ago.

I just secured 2 more Carreras (1 Cabriolet) for April 15th.......

Doc, starting out/up takes a little time, but if you provide more then they expect, your clients will do the leg work for you......we`re no dfferent then a large chain store selling consumer usables. You have the skills someone else needs, and there willingto pay a fair price for it. Once you prove your abilities, they`ll tell someone, and so one and so on......Alwyas leave a few additional cards behind for them to hand out......

Chan
03-26-2006, 02:34 AM

I got away with it for almost 6 years until 3 weeks ago. But I refuse to drill any holes into my bumper or remove my tints. My girlfriend`s dad (Sheriff) said he`ll sign it off, so I`m good to go.

Accumulator
03-26-2006, 10:41 AM
How does he get away with not having a front license plate?

Yeah, while it`s always a matter of the individual dept. policy and/or the actual LEO, this is usually a selective-enforcement type of thing. We`ve never had a problem even when pulled over. All a matter of how you "vibe" to the LEO. I was pretty surprised during my last speeding ticket, he walked from my door to the front of the car to get the plate number, saw there wasn`t one, and just walked to the back to read that one without saying a word. Thought for sure I`d get popped for it that time...

jdlierle
03-27-2006, 12:15 AM
Hey Patrick, I told you the house would get the attention and not are hard work.

Although the paint didn`t have any flaws to start with (swirls, scratches, etc) the Clay, Optimum Polish and UPP to my eye really made the PPG paint show it`s true potential and did make a big improvement. Unfortunately, Patrick`s pictures really don`t show how gorgeous the paint is on these new ceramic paint jobs that are on the Mercedes. This particular shade of Gray was a very nice color on this size and type of car.

I also ask Patrick how he gets all these great customers, with great areas to work on. He won`t give me a straight answer either ;) . I guess it doesn`t hurt having a reputation for doing great work and exceeding the customers expectations. If you do good work, people will know about you and seek you out, ( and conversely if you do mediocre work, I am guessing you will get beater cars).

Next week, Patrick promises a little more challenging work, 2 black cars that I think are older than 1 year old, and 1 is even a SUV. Damn Patrick, can`t you get a Ferrari or Lambo, you got me spoiled.

I need to get some OP polish this week, I`ll probably see you sometime this week.

Doug

PS Patrick, thanks again for helping me learn the trade of detailing and giving me some work too. I think we work well together and that makes the day go by quicker too.

jdlierle
07-27-2006, 05:23 PM
test test test test test test

stilez
07-27-2006, 05:29 PM
GREAT work!

I, too, love working on Ceramiclear.

a.k.a. Patrick
07-27-2006, 06:49 PM
Doug, a little louder..........

Hey, Joes coming over to the warehouse if ya wanna meet up..............

Anthony O.
07-27-2006, 07:46 PM
Very nice work :)

Having the right clients makes this job that much more enjoyable.

Anthony