PDA

View Full Version : SSR range

Flatfour
03-25-2006, 12:56 PM
Today I used the SSR range for the first time (ordered in november, freezing cold....now the weather is getting better...)

Those SSR 1-2-2.5-3 are soooo easy to use with a rotary...

No sling, no splatter, no dusting.

The pads stay "moist" the whole time, just an occasional rinse in a bucket when they`re fully loaded, set the rotary on 6 an just trow the excess water away.

I found the SRR series very easy to use with a damp pad (damp=after setting the speed on 6 to get rid of the excess water)

SSR 3 really can tackle scratches, altough, there are scratches that are not completely gone, probably needed more time or a more agressive pad.

SSR 2 and 2.5 take easy care on swirls, overspray and light scratches

SSR 1 was used as the last step (for polishing that is) to get rid of the haze an the occasional holograms.

In other words :

Top products !

Wally

porta
03-26-2006, 05:45 AM
Try Menzerna next time ;)

cwcad
03-26-2006, 05:58 AM
glad that you had good luck with the products. You definitely know how much product to use if you are using a damp pad for the SSR line. It certainly helps make the product that much more aggressive.

Have read that Steve cautions the use of water when using the SSR line. I know that is why I have purchased so many differnet pads so as not to have to add any water to the pad in order to control the products use.

Flatfour
03-26-2006, 11:50 AM
After about 1/3 of a normal car, the pad get`s filled up with product.

So I rinse them in lukewarm water and dry them on my rotary @ 3000 rpm (free in the air of course)

Then I use that slightly damp pad to go further with my polishing actions...

Raven
03-26-2006, 02:16 PM
I read somewhere that Poorboy (Steve) recommends using a try pad with his SSR line. He said (If I remember correctly) that a damp pad makes the SSR`s dry out more quickly giving you less time to work the product in to the finish.

JaCkaL829
03-26-2006, 03:29 PM
I read somewhere that Poorboy (Steve) recommends using a try pad with his SSR line. He said (If I remember correctly) that a damp pad makes the SSR`s dry out more quickly giving you less time to work the product in to the finish.

I agree, I remember Steve telling me not to damp the pad too.

Where you been raven? Haven`t see you posting in a while.

imported_themightytimmah
03-26-2006, 04:23 PM
IIRC, damp pads dilute the lubricants in the SSR lineup, causing the polishes to be more aggressive. It`s good to hear that you`ve had good luck with SSRs on a rotary, I could never get them to work well on anything but a DA.

Raven
03-26-2006, 08:22 PM
Johnny, I was away on an extended business trip to Thailand. Didn`t have any time for detailing or posting, was busy as hell. But I`m home now and getting back into my favorite hobby.