PDA

View Full Version : Pics of what bodyshop did. Arg Lazy

Pages : [1] 2

BradUF
03-24-2006, 11:24 AM
First they buffed my car with a wool pad. Then they let compund harden on my car and I now have to claybar the whole damn car again. Look at there touch up job. They told me this was the best they could do without repainting the whole hood.

http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/6579/00001980ud.jpg

If anyone in FL is willing to come out here I can pay you to help me fix this mess. I would buff it but I dont have the money to buy a PC, pads and polish yet and they way my car looks is driving me insane know there is nothing I can do unless I spend about 250 on all the stuff to fix it.

imported_NT2SHBBY
03-24-2006, 11:29 AM
wow that looks horrible...I`d bring it back and tell them to wetsand that......I don`t think buffing will help...looks like it`s bumpy....

BradUF
03-24-2006, 11:40 AM
They wont. They said it was the best the can do. At least the touch ups were free, so I am looking for someone here to fix it.

imported_NT2SHBBY
03-24-2006, 11:48 AM
They wont. They said it was the best the can do. At least the touch ups were free, so I am looking for someone here to fix it.

wow and you paid them??? I`d file a suit with small claims to recoupe damages...

use that $$$ to pay someone to wetsand and polish that hood

and I`d post a message in the SE forum telling ppl to avoid that body shop

ritchic
03-24-2006, 12:16 PM
ouch that`s horrible

94BlkStang
03-24-2006, 12:36 PM
First they buffed my car with a wool pad. Then they let compund harden on my car and I now have to claybar the whole damn car again. Look at there touch up job. They told me this was the best they could do without repainting the whole hood.

http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/6579/00001980ud.jpg

If anyone in FL is willing to come out here I can pay you to help me fix this mess. I would buff it but I dont have the money to buy a PC, pads and polish yet and they way my car looks is driving me insane know there is nothing I can do unless I spend about 250 on all the stuff to fix it.

That looks terrible. Could you explain why it was in the body shop for originally. Did they repaint that area for you and then buff it out? A little more explanation will help us offer up advice as to what can be done and what process should be taken with the shop.

BradUF
03-24-2006, 04:18 PM
I had it in there because of a really deep scratch on the bumper that was through the pain and primer. They repainted the entire bumper and blended another scratch near the gas tank. It looks fine but they buffed all of there work. So for all I know it could look bad in a few months. Also they told me it was OK to seal fresh paint because they use a new stuff or something.

All the touch ups they did were free and they told me prior to hand that it will not be smooth. So I guess I cant really file a suit or anything because they said it would be a little rough. I just never though it would suck this much.

brwill2005
03-24-2006, 06:25 PM
Is it just me, or is that the reflections of the ceiling on the hood. The ceiling looks like it is textured. If that is the ceiling, what is the damage you are reffering to. If that is not the ceiling, all I can say is WOW.

BradUF
03-24-2006, 06:49 PM
That wavy circle. It looks much worse in real life.

jvriii1942
03-24-2006, 07:19 PM
Can you show us another photo. The circle in the lower left? Was it done by a body shop or a mobile painter? Fresh paint should not be sealed this can cause solvent pop. I was taught to wait 90 days before applying wax or sealant to fresh paint.

imported_truzoom
03-24-2006, 07:27 PM
I`m just not seeing what the problem is. Everything looks like reflections on clean, smooth paint. lol :D

natebood
03-24-2006, 07:44 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/bghnate/00001980ud.jpg

I assume he`s referring to these two spots...

BradUF
03-24-2006, 08:11 PM
The lower smaller one is a reflection but the bigger one to the top is not. Also they repaired other spots that look just as bad.

dneedsmuscles
03-24-2006, 08:21 PM
Can you post a pic with less reflection? :nixweiss

Ron Harris
03-24-2006, 08:56 PM
Body shops have to blend some times. Did they offer to repair the chips in the blend areas?

If so I would have paid them to do it before they painted. I see this every day. The body shop I do work for tells the customer this so if there is a complant they come back and tell them we asked and you didn`t want to pay.