PDA

View Full Version : Klasse SG without AIO

shortspark
03-24-2006, 08:48 AM
Assuming the truck is very clean, rather new with no swirls or oxidation present, can you apply SG effectively without using a cleaner like Prime or AIO first? For example, I applied the twins some time ago and I have been using QDs such as 425 and Menzerna HGAS between washes. Truck looks great! But I would like to add to the durability to get it through the summer by applying a couple coats of SG. I don`t mind the AIO extra step if necessary, but, is it necessary?

Accumulator
03-24-2006, 10:34 AM
Shortspark-Supposedly it`ll work fine, if (maybe a big "if" ;) ) the surface really is spotlessly clean. I`d at least clay it first and make sure you get all the clay residue off.

Actually, I`ve just been claying (Sonus green) the MPV and adding more SG for a long, long time and it`s working great. I dunno *when* last used AIO (I`d have to check my detailing log) but it was at least early last summer and maybe longer ago than that.

klnyc
03-24-2006, 10:52 AM
I would invest bottle of AIO just INCASE.

shortspark
03-24-2006, 07:00 PM
Thanks guys. Probably not worth taking the chance since AIO is a wowo product and does not take that long. At least I know it will be well prepared for the SG.