PDA

View Full Version : Why does Poor Boys have to make all their stuff

Pages : [1] 2 3

ET Awful
03-22-2006, 11:38 AM
smell so good? :)

I just got some of their Trim Restorer and it makes me want a Pina Colada :)

stilez
03-22-2006, 11:54 AM
Don`t use it in a closed garage...It`s a sensory overload :).

I think the scents, if done right, are a nice added bonus to detailing.

ET Awful
03-22-2006, 11:56 AM
Don`t use it in a closed garage...It`s a sensory overload :).

I think the scents, if done right, are a nice added bonus to detailing.

It just means that you have to be VERY careful to keep all the stuff out of the reach of kids though. Bright colors and stuff that smells like food are very attractive if you have children around (like my best friends 2 year old, considering it`s his garage that I have to use) :).

Wasatch
03-22-2006, 02:01 PM
I love products that have nice scents to them, just makes detailing more enjoyable.

SamIam
03-22-2006, 02:06 PM
I was told the reason the 1Z products smell bad is because Euro regs won`t allow scents that would entice children to sample them.

LynchMOB
03-22-2006, 02:07 PM
My favorite product smell so far is FX-100.

TGates
03-22-2006, 02:14 PM
I love it when products smell good. Who wants to go out and bond with their car, all the while breathing in what smells like paint thinner? Really the only product line I have used that I can say flat out stinks (but performs awesome) is Clearkote`s glazes. They smell like fish bait. 1Z products don`t smell good and neither does Opti No Rinse.

Among my favorites are NXT, (insert any Poorboy`s product here), Griot`s Speed Shine and Car Wash, Z-PC Fusion, Z8, Sonus Acrylic Spritz, WG Detail Spritz, and most leather care products.

I`ve been caught more than one time with my nose in a bottle :grinno:

SilverLexus
03-22-2006, 02:24 PM
Z-8 and Souveran are my favorite smells in the detailing closet. :D

ET Awful
03-22-2006, 02:25 PM
Don`t get me wrong, I like the smells, but I always end up hungry or thirsty just from opening a bottle.

:)

Djmigs
03-22-2006, 02:45 PM
what ever you do dont get none on your finger or you may lick that finger :D

Dont ask me how i know this!!!

Asonyexec
03-22-2006, 03:05 PM
Chem Guys products have to be some of the fruitiest smelling products I have ever tried. When using their car wash it smells like I`m washing my car with grape juice. The one exception is their leather conditioner, makes my car smell like it has new leather and lasts a good while.

Mikeyc
03-22-2006, 03:17 PM
All the Poorboys stuff I have smells great. I`m still not sold on Leather Stuff actually smelling like leather though. Some other products I think smell great are all the Zymol products (HD-Cleanse smells like cocoa . . . how can you beat that?) and also Wheel Wax which smells like a pina colada.

Overall, it`s just so much more pleasant working with chemicals that smell good. As long as it won`t kill me to sniff them then I`m OK with them smelling good. :D

VroomVroom
03-22-2006, 03:25 PM
Hmmm...I need to go open up my bottle of wheel wax again - I didn`t notice the scent the first time. I love the smell of all Poorboys stuff too - Natty`s blue makes me want to apply a coat to anything that will take it. I also enjoy the scent of Four Star`s stuff as well - nothing specific other than I just associate it with a slick and popping finish.

ET Awful
03-22-2006, 03:31 PM
what ever you do dont get none on your finger or you may lick that finger :D

Dont ask me how i know this!!!

Here . . . smell my finger . . . :chuckle:

doublel
03-22-2006, 03:37 PM
One of my favorite PB products doesn`t have any smell ... Bold N Brite. :think:

Make that smell like Z8 and that would be really awesome. :clap: