PDA

View Full Version : Maybe a dumb question re quick detail spray

Derf
03-21-2006, 09:26 PM
Washed and waxed car on Saturday. It rained last night. I would like to go over the car with some Adam`s Quick Detail Spray to clean it up and get rid of the water spots. Is this okay or is the risk of scratching too great? I can`t wash it until Saturday. Thanks!

White95Max
03-21-2006, 10:01 PM
It depends how much dirt is on the car. QDs are only for light dust removal. Otherwise you should use something like Poorboy`s Spray and Wipe or QEW (or similar...Optimum, DP).

Wasatch
03-21-2006, 10:04 PM
Adams Detail Spray has some very good cleaning ability, but it still depends on how dirt your car is. I think you should be ok though.

Derf
03-21-2006, 10:06 PM
Adams Detail Spray has some very good cleaning ability, but it still depends on how dirt your car is. I think you should be ok though.

Thanks. It`s not really dirty. Just water spots.

Accumulator
03-22-2006, 10:53 AM
Realizing that I`m a fanatic about marring, I`d wait until you can wash it. All it takes is *one* minute speck of something abrasive...

Hey, Moe!
03-22-2006, 10:58 AM
For me, it would have to be very, very minor for me to go to the QD. Otherwise, I would wash, but then I trust my wash routine more than my QD routine.

And no, it`s not a dumb question. The dumb question was the one that a ninth-grader asked me about an hour ago ; )

Derf
03-22-2006, 12:16 PM
Well, I used the QD and it looks fine. I was really concerend that the water spots would harden and etch the paint before Saturday. I used lots of spray and several microfibers.

exile
03-22-2006, 05:07 PM
:up :xyxthumbs :)

Qship3000
03-23-2006, 12:47 AM
Washed and waxed car on Saturday. It rained last night. I would like to go over the car with some Adam`s Quick Detail Spray to clean it up and get rid of the water spots. Is this okay or is the risk of scratching too great? I can`t wash it until Saturday. Thanks!

If you have any doubt at all, I`d let it go until you can actually wash it right. I use both a C-duster and QD`s, but only if the car is almost pristine. I only want to compound occasionally :-)