PDA

View Full Version : about to order

98bmw323is
03-21-2006, 05:46 PM
So i decided to set up a list for my friend on what to buy. I will be buffing his car next month and i want him to get all the correct washing supplies now so after i buff it will keep his paint looking scratch free. Ive excluded sealents/wax/and wax applicators for now untill after i buff his car. So this is the list i need suggestions before i go and have him order all this stuff.

Tar + Grease remover - Poorboy’s Bug Squash

Car wash shampoo - Meguiars NXT Generation Car Wash

washing supplies - 2 buckets (1 soap+ water) (1 just water)

2 sheepskin mitts (1 upper half car) (1 lower)

1 the bone by cobra (for rims+tires)

leather conditioner - z-10 leather in a bottle

sealent – not yet

LSP – not yet

vinyl+ rubber dressing - 303 aerospace protectant

microfiber towls -

glass cleaner - stoners invisable glass

glass - cobra waffle weave microfiber towel

drying -

guzzler waffle weave by cobra 16x24

door jambs/engine/wheels/random – 12 cheap MF towels

removing wax sealent - not yet

applicator pads - not yet

wheel well cleaner/ tire dressing - stoners more shine less time

microfiber cleaner- Pinnacle Micro Rejuvenator Microfiber Detergent Concentrate 16 oz

I also need an opinon on the california jelly blade. I like it but i heard it scratches. As long as you keep it clean so no dirt gets on the edge when your drying shouldnt it be fine?

and finally im looking for a good clay.

Accumulator
03-21-2006, 07:25 PM
I`d get a foamgun too. And a set of small BHBs for nooks and crannies (Griot`s pn 15520 IICR), I couldn`t wash without them.

The problem with the blades is that no matter how careful you are, *sometime* you *will* get a piece of something between it and the car, and then you`ll get that scratch. I wash about as carefully as anybody can, and I finally got marring from that happening. Ditched the blade and got an AirWand, much better now.