PDA

View Full Version : Which Bissell LGCM is the best?

Pages : [1] 2

qwik5o
03-21-2006, 11:44 AM
Looking on Ebay I see many different models, from one with a heater to a turbo one. Are they just newer and older models of the same machine?

Curious what you guys use if you have one.

Thanks! :xyxthumbs

TigerMike
03-21-2006, 11:53 AM
I use this one...fantastic product! Mine has the heater and turbo brush. They are must haves, IMO. Mine is the 14251 model, found at Target.

http://www.bissell.com/Products/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Bissell&category%5Fname=PortableDeepCleaner&product%5Fid=LITTLE+green+COMPACT+MULTIPURPOSE+CLE ANER

:2thumbs:

Isaac
03-21-2006, 11:57 AM
If you shop on Target.com they offer the best model at a lowest model price of 89.95. Now what is pictured is the highest model, and there are no item numbers.....so you could always have a fight on your hands if they send you the low model.

D Tailor
03-21-2006, 12:02 PM
i got the heated turbo version and love it. got it for like 65 on ebay brand new.

AutoCadillac
03-21-2006, 12:12 PM
I`ve seen this one advertised on TV recently.

http://www.bissell.com/Products/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=Bissell&category%5Fname=&product%5Fid=SpotBot

It looks great but too big for most cars.

Joshua312
03-21-2006, 12:13 PM
I have the non-heated one at it works *fantastic* We have this thing installed in our kitchen which gives us really hot water, my dad uses it for coffee and hot chocolate...I think it was $50 and he installed it. I use it to fill up my LGCM and it`s so easy to use. I finally figured it out last week, to get the lines in the carpet I took off the small attachment and just ran it up and down the carpet in my hand and it worked perfect, I always wondered why the stupid hose kept getting in my way and why I couldnt get into tight places lol :) You will love the LGCM, I suggest getting your hands on some Folex/Kids & Pets as well....Folex you can pick up at lowes (some may not carry it) and kids and pets is at Wal-Mart. I tried this products after seeing Sean using them...and wow they work great. I even use Folex to clean plastic, vinyl, seatbelts,etc...Sorry for the long post - if you cant tell I love my LGCM :) You might want to do a search because if I recall someone said something about the heated LGCM not being as good because it broke something on the machine..this might have been an isolated incident?

D Tailor
03-21-2006, 12:45 PM
my heated machine has worked flawlessly through a full year of detailing...maybe it`s isolated?

Mikeyc
03-21-2006, 01:42 PM
I have the heated LGCM with the turbo brush. I like the turbo brush, but sometimes it`s hard to fit in into narrow foot wells. The heat is a nice feature too and I think really helps. I think I got mine on clearance from Best Buy for $75. I`ve been using it for about 6 months, but in that time I`ve probably only used it 10 times. So, I haven`t had any problems.

Joshua312
03-21-2006, 04:20 PM
my heated machine has worked flawlessly through a full year of detailing...maybe it`s isolated?

Good to hear! :up If mine ever dies now I wont have to be afraid to upgrade to the heat!

qwik5o
03-21-2006, 07:26 PM
Awesome info!

Now, does the heated one need to be plugged in for the heat to work?

Joshua312
03-21-2006, 08:25 PM
Probably, the non-heated one also needs to be plugged in.

Tasty
03-21-2006, 09:03 PM
Awesome info!

Now, does the heated one need to be plugged in for the heat to work?

How else would it run?

Anyway, I have the same one linked to in this thread, and it was worth EVERY PENNY. My wife, who hates all my detailing supplies, even loves this thing. It got fingernail polish out of our beige carpet. I use the Bissell solution made for it as well on carpet in the house and on cars, and it seems to be quite effective. Don`t use Woolite as it will foam massively in tandem with the LGCM.

Isaac
03-21-2006, 09:31 PM
I just bought model 1425-1 which is the heated/turbo brush model for 89.95 at target. Its by far the cheapest one around. I cant wait to get some of these stains outta the floor mats :)

Scottwax
03-21-2006, 09:39 PM
I had one of the early ones and it worked great. Just wasn`t up to commercial use. Lasted about 12 months or so before it died. For the enthusiast who won`t use it up to a dozen times a week on some pretty nasty interiors, it should hold up for years.

Scottwax
03-21-2006, 09:42 PM
I cant wait to get some of these stains outta the floor mats :)

Honestly, the best way to do that is to beat all the dust out of them, vacuum thoroughly, then put them in your bathtub in about 6" of water and a cup or two of laundry detergent. Soak for a few hours, scrub and rinse out. Use a squeegee to get as much water out of them as possible and toss in your dryer on medium heat for about 20 minutes at a time until dry.