PDA

View Full Version : Which MF for polish/LSP removal

Pages : [1] 2

Hey, Moe!
03-20-2006, 09:01 PM
The MF towels I have are high-quality towels that are pretty plush. They do very well for QD duty, but I am sensing that something just as high-quality, but not as plush would be the ticket for removing polish residue and LSP removal.

I was wondering if a towel such as Excel`s "Blue Supreme" would be a good choice for this kind of work. After reading all the positive comments about Excel, I would like to do some business there.

Though, I must add Autopia`s orders have always made their way cross-country as if delivered by fighter jet.

Anyway, I would appreciate any comments on this, if you would. I`m hoping that maybe just "one more" detailing order will make spring show up here in the Northeast!

White95Max
03-20-2006, 09:24 PM
I was wondering if a towel such as Excel`s "Blue Supreme" would be a good choice for this kind of work.

Absolutely. I have uh, 37 of the Blue Supremes I think. But anyway, I use them exclusively for LSP/polish removal and they`re terrific.

D Tailor
03-21-2006, 04:05 AM
I use Dragon Fiber Cloths from Proper Auto Care exclusively for LSP removal. They`re so nice and they don`t cake at all.

cwcad
03-21-2006, 04:34 AM
The Blue Surpreme towels that Patrick sells are my go to towels for product removal. I love them. I buy them for presents for my friends. There has never been any complaints. Price is right as well.

DetailQueen
03-21-2006, 05:54 AM
I like the new indigo for removing products, it has a little more grip than the usual MF towel. There are so many good mf`s out there right now.

Hey, Moe!
03-21-2006, 06:32 AM
Paul - 37 Blue Supremes!!!! Now I don`t feel so bad about having three identical tennis racquets in my bag.

Anyway, I`m gonna give them a try. I keep hearing such good things about Excel. Time to see for myself.

Hines
03-21-2006, 06:49 AM
Hey, Moe!, blue supremes are my go to mf as well. i only have 24 though :( will most likely get more this summer :).

White95Max
03-21-2006, 07:25 AM
Paul - 37 Blue Supremes!!!! Now I don`t feel so bad about having three identical tennis racquets in my bag.

Anyway, I`m gonna give them a try. I keep hearing such good things about Excel. Time to see for myself.

Heh, then there`s the yellow Supremes! :lol

Hey, Moe!
03-21-2006, 09:00 AM
Are the yellow Supremes different than the blue, other than color? I guess if they are the same, then you could go with one color for polishes, the other for LSPs

Accumulator
03-21-2006, 09:32 AM
I sometimes feel *so* far behind the curve when it comes to all the variations of MFs :o I basically use my plush YoSteves for *everything*. I have some cheap ones for the nasty stuff, WWs for drying, and some suede-style ones for buffing KSG/UPP, but I dunno about the supposed functional differences between all the available variations of the basic MF towel...

Hey, Moe!
03-21-2006, 09:43 AM
Well, if it weren`t for all the "options" available to us, I guess that many of us would have higher checkbook balances, wouldn`t we?

Accumulator
03-21-2006, 10:11 AM
Heh heh, yeah, and that touches on why I`m suspicious of that whole "and you need some of *these* too!" idea that drives the endless expansion of MF varieties ;) I stimulate the economy enough as it is.

Wasatch
03-21-2006, 10:56 AM
I have noticed a difference between plush MFs and lower nap MFs for wax/polish/sealant removal. I now like to use lower nap MFs for this process. They tend to not grab as much, many times I`ve lost the MF on a panel with plush MFs.

SVECobraR
03-21-2006, 11:06 AM
interesting...

Hey, Moe!
03-21-2006, 11:20 AM
Nothing wrong with that, though it IS possible to detail without breaking the bank. I take care of my car and a couple of close friends, and I`m sure my "detailing arsenal" (including a PC) is under $500 total.

I guess what I am saying is that I see a difference between "wanting" something, and actually "needing" it.

But, there are way worse things to spend money on!!