PDA

View Full Version : help finding place to get rid of vomit!

Pages : [1] 2

zgrm
03-20-2006, 03:41 PM
Hi guys, so I need some help. Yeaterday my friend through up all over my car. All over the seet floor dash etc. I really need to get clean this up asap and i cant do it myself because it makes me sick. I really need the shop to get rid of all the odor as well. Can any1 please recommend a place to do it pelase? Should I just take it to a regular car wash? Are they capable of removing the smell entirely? Thank you so much everyone.

Also I couldnt take it anywhere today because I have work. I would really appreciate if someone could recommend a shop for this because I just cant stomach it and I dont think I have the tools to get rid of the odor. I live in Long Island, NY. Thanks.

DrSauekraut
03-20-2006, 04:19 PM
Here’s a novel idea – make your friend clean it up.

Joeystang
03-20-2006, 04:22 PM
You could possibly take it to a car wash but...you are also going to pay a premium price to get that cleaned up. A detail center would be your best bet. Have them use a heated carpet extractor to clean it up. Next for the smell I would have them use an Ozone machine. This really seems to eliminate odors really well.

Or you could go cheap and get a dog to lick it all up....

zgrm
03-20-2006, 05:38 PM
Thanks guys. Thing is I dont know any detailing center around here. Cn any1 suggest something in Long Island NY?

Also I`m thinking this is going to cost around $150 so perhaps I can just try to clean it up myself? PErhaps just shampooing and vacuuming and spraying some X-O odor eliminator (found some threads on it) on it? Would do you think? And what exactly is required to "shampoo" a carpet? Is it some device I will have to buy or can I get something in an aerosol can and scrub? Also can I just through the mats in the washing machine and add some downy to it or something? What do you guys htink?

*EDIT* Also what would you guys suggest I use on the leather seats. I have preforated leather but only a little bit went on it. Im thinking if I can do it cheaper myself I can save some $$ and also have some product left over?

White95Max
03-20-2006, 06:50 PM
You don`t necessarily need a machine to shampoo the carpeting. Just get some upholstery cleaner and/or APC (all purpose cleaner) and a scrub brush. Scrub the product(s) into the carpet with the brush, and then wipe the area with a cheap microfiber towel. Then follow again with a damp microfiber towel, and a final time with a dry one.

Don`t throw the mats in the washing machine. Put them outside and clean them the same way I outlined above.

You need a leather cleaner and conditioner for the leather seats, and a couple MF towels for that too.

Why did you friend throw up in your car anyway? What kind of car?

imported_NT2SHBBY
03-20-2006, 06:53 PM
:sadpace: :nervous: yeah what they all said and don`t forget to remove all of the chunks first....

Tasty
03-20-2006, 06:54 PM
Here’s a novel idea – make your friend clean it up.

LMAO, and pay for it. Unless this was illness related. If they just drank too much I`d make them do it.

imported_Sludge
03-20-2006, 07:22 PM
zgrm,

If you do it yourself, you can use a dab of Vick`s VaporRub on your upper lip to get past the odor.

White95Max
03-20-2006, 09:21 PM
That`s an interesting tip! I like it!

zgrm
03-20-2006, 09:46 PM
Thanks guys. I think Ill do it myself. Any tips on an APC that smells fresh? Do I need to get something thats foamy? I saw some people recommended Folex that it works well on stains, but I just ordered some petzyme that someone else used and said it got rid of the smell. But I would also like to use some kind of shampoo that I can use with a scrubber brush like you outlined so that it gets abosrbed into the mats and carpet and will smell fresh. Any suggestions?

I also just ordered the z10 for the leather. But my mine concern is shapooing the carpet with a fresh-smelling shampoo or APC wichever you think is better, but something that will work with a scrubber brush and terry cloth like you stated above (awesome method). So any suggestions?

Also I plan to go to the local gas station and use thoe 50 cent vacuum cleaners, should that be the first thing I do? Thanks again guys. Also please recommend a scrub bursh. Thanks :)

P.S. any idea where to get a bunch of cheap microfiver towels?

White95Max
03-20-2006, 10:00 PM
Poorboy`s APC smells pretty good, but it`s only available online.

It wouldn`t hurt to vacuum it first.

Go to local auto parts store or large chain store for an upholstery brush and cheap MF towels. They`ll have some.

imported_Sludge
03-21-2006, 03:31 AM
That`s an interesting tip! I like it!

Paul,

It works too. I occasionally work on a pet with maggots. The smell makes me dry heave and this does the trick! Time tested. :chuckle:

Gordon

D Tailor
03-21-2006, 04:09 AM
^^ A pet with maggots???? Jeez, maybe they should take it to the vet instead of a detailer?

ET Awful
03-21-2006, 04:16 AM
Paul,

It works too. I occasionally work on a pet with maggots. The smell makes me dry heave and this does the trick! Time tested. :chuckle:

Gordon

They even use the technique during autopsies (didn`t anyone see "Silence of the Lambs"? :lol )

White95Max
03-21-2006, 06:00 AM
Paul,

Gordon

:eek: I`m about ready to dry heave just reading this. I`ll push the cereal aside for the time being...