PDA

View Full Version : Detailed for the first time this weekend...

Steve02SLT
03-20-2006, 01:08 PM
And it went perfect! I have a white Envoy, that you now need sunglasses to look at, and a Nautical Blue Scion tC that looks like the paint is still dripping wet. :spot :woot2: I washed with gold class wash, clayed, washed again, AIO`ed both, put NXT on the tC, and the meguiars wax that came with the clay on the Envoy. My question is now about regular care on the Envoy. The wax I used was Meguiars cleaner wax, don`t know what # that is to you guys, but heres my question. My office is near a large sugar factory here, and there is sugar always all over my car everyday, I want to know how to easily remove it without stripping away the wax and everything that I worked so hard doing this weekend. Any ideas??

Wasatch
03-20-2006, 01:26 PM
Try a good QD, FK 146, FK 425, ClearKote QuikShine, Meg`s #34. Probably would have to use on a daily basis though.

Steve02SLT
03-20-2006, 01:35 PM
so a good quick detailer won`t strip away anything?? and i won`t have to worry about the sugar or anything else already on the vehicle scratching the clearcoat????

Wasatch
03-20-2006, 01:54 PM
Yes, a QD will not strip anything away. This sugar thing is what`s bugging me, I guess water should just disolve it. If anything, Optimum`s No Rinse Wash and Shine would do the trick, but you would be actually washing your vehicle, which would take more time. Try the QD first, get one that has good cleaning ability though to be on the safe side.