PDA

View Full Version : noob buying stuff...

bigboss
03-19-2006, 11:24 PM
ok, i have a 1 month old mustang GT and the other day, my dad`s chaffeaur was washing it without my permission, and when i noticed, he was using some crappy towels to wash it, so, as soon as he finished, you could immediatley see the swirls...not very big deal, just minor swirls...so i need to go buy something that removes them but doesn`t hurt the paint, because it`s practically new... now, if i`m going to the store to buy one thing, why not buy everything else i need??

i was thinking of something like this:

-sonus gloss shampoo

-sonus clay

-1z metallic polish

-P21S carnauba wax

is this combination ok and safe for my new car?? will the 1z metallic polish remove the light swirls or do i have to use something like the P21S paintwork cleanser or klasse sealant glaze?

thanks for any info.

DetMich1
03-20-2006, 12:16 AM
ok, i have a 1 month old mustang GT and the other day, my dad`s chaffeaur was washing it without my permission, and when i noticed, he was using some crappy towels to wash it, so, as soon as he finished, you could immediatley see the swirls...not very big deal, just minor swirls...so i need to go buy something that removes them but doesn`t hurt the paint, because it`s practically new... now, if i`m going to the store to buy one thing, why not buy everything else i need??

i was thinking of something like this:

-sonus gloss shampoo

-sonus clay

-1z metallic polish

-P21S carnauba wax

is this combination ok and safe for my new car?? will the 1z metallic polish remove the light swirls or do i have to use something like the P21S paintwork cleanser or klasse sealant glaze?

thanks for any info.

Curious about your choice of an Einszett product (1z). Have not come across many on here recommending this line. Shampoo and clay should be good for a new car, you don`t mention what color paint you have. If the swirls are minor, PB SSR (1 or 2) or Menzerna FPII should be effective for removal. Do you plan to do work by hand or with a machine. I think you need to give us more specifics.

Joeystang
03-20-2006, 08:00 AM
That man should be fired. Is his name Benson?

bigboss
03-20-2006, 08:07 AM
Curious about your choice of an Einszett product (1z). Have not come across many on here recommending this line. Shampoo and clay should be good for a new car, you don`t mention what color paint you have. If the swirls are minor, PB SSR (1 or 2) or Menzerna FPII should be effective for removal. Do you plan to do work by hand or with a machine. I think you need to give us more specifics.

it is red fire. and i plan to work by hand. Is menzerna easy to apply and remove without a machine??

bigboss
03-20-2006, 08:10 AM
That man should be fired. Is his name Benson?

Haha...well, i really dont know his name, but he really needs to get fired, cause he already effed up the paint on my dads car.

D Tailor
03-20-2006, 09:50 AM
it is red fire. and i plan to work by hand. Is menzerna easy to apply and remove without a machine??

Anything is easy to apply by hand or remove by hand, but its effectiveness is another question entirely. If you are applying by hand, you will see limited results with polishes. Without a machine, I would recommend a cleaner and then a glaze after the clay step and before waxing. you`ll probably loose the swirls for the time being and get the look you want. the glaze won`t last though, and you`ll need to reapply (maybe after like 2 weeks). that should give you enough time with good looks to consider a DA or Rotary for the future. I was in the same situation as you a few years back with a new S4, and I ended up just getting a DA (at the time) to get the results i was after. a few years later I`m headfirst up to my armpits in products and tools of the trade. just my 2 cents-- good luck!

:xyxthumbs