PDA

View Full Version : Trash in the clearcoat

01somta
03-19-2006, 06:57 PM
It looks like there are some inperfections in the clear on my car, it looks like it was from particles or something falling on the car before or during the clearcoats. They just look like little pits, I can feel some barely with my fingernail and other I can`t feel. Is something that I`m going to be able to get out with a good polish, if not what will it take? If can be taken out with an aggressive polish what is recommened?

Sherman8r44
03-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Sounds like you have rail dust or other industrial fallout. Try claying, that`s what it`s made for...see if it works for you.

01somta
03-19-2006, 08:56 PM
Sounds like you have rail dust or other industrial fallout. Try claying, that`s what it`s made for...see if it works for you.

I believe the trash in under the clearcoat, would the even help?

White95Max
03-19-2006, 10:00 PM
The only way to know for sure is to clay and polish right? So do those steps and see if the spots are gone afterward.

01somta
03-20-2006, 04:37 AM
The only way to know for sure is to clay and polish right? So do those steps and see if the spots are gone afterward.

Ya I know, the car is going to have some spots touched up here in about a week or two so I want to wait unitl I get it back and then detail the whole car.

the other pc
03-22-2006, 11:38 PM
Factory or re-spray?

If it’s factory the particles landed on top of the hardened clear. If it’s a re-spray they may have landed in the wet paint and be really stuck. Do you have a magnifier to inspect the paint very close up?

Try clay first, then polish. Dirt that gets seriously stuck in wet film may need wet sanding.

If it’s truly under the clear you’re SOL. Live with it until it’s time for new paint.

PC.