PDA

View Full Version : LOOBRICITY - Alternatives to Griots ?

pingable
03-19-2006, 02:28 PM
So I`m almost out of my stash of Griots Car Wash......looks like there has been quite a price increase since I bought the Griots CG.

I`m curious to see if you guys are using alternative products for car wash that is comparable to Griots in lubricity but not at their pricepoint....

Pats300zx
03-19-2006, 02:30 PM
You can`t go wrong with Meguiars NXT or Gold Class Wash. Both are reasonably priced and obtainable locally. I haven`t personally used the Griots but I have been very happy with the Meguairs. :xyxthumbs

You can also give Poorboys Super Slick Suds a try.

holland_patrick
03-19-2006, 03:01 PM
2nd PB SS&S

2clean4u
03-19-2006, 05:10 PM
Griots is better then Meguiars NXT or Gold Class Wash.

I never used Poorboys Super Slick Suds so I cant comment on that.

Raven
03-19-2006, 05:39 PM
PB SS&S gets my vote for the best wash I`ve used with NXT as the best OTC wash I`ve used to date.

Accumulator
03-19-2006, 07:22 PM
IMO it`s gonna be pretty tough to find a functionally-equal alternative to the Griot`s. GC might be a good OTC wash, but after having used the Griot`s I gave my GC away- there is absolutely no comparison lubricity-wise (at least with my water). Haven`t tried the NXT, but the Griot`s prompted me to retire my #00 and #62, along with my Pinnacle.

I`ve pretty much decided to just pay Richard whatever he`s asking...this is one of those known-quantity things where I`m not gonna do much experimenting since I`ve found the wash that works perfectly for me.

ChefWong- If you try the SSS, let us know how it compares to the Griot`s.

Sherman8r44
03-19-2006, 08:04 PM
I like GC, but the lubricity isn`t amazing. I`ve heard great things about Chemical Guys Maxi Suds though.

sneek
03-19-2006, 08:27 PM
Anything Meguiar`s amazing !

never tired a product that i didnt love

imported_DARKSTI
03-19-2006, 10:52 PM
My Favs:

PB SSS

NXT

GC

TOL BB

jasonmac
03-20-2006, 06:12 AM
I liked the lubricity of NXT vs. Griots, but will be getting some more Griots soon as I`m almost out. NXT is definitely a good otc shampoo though, imo.

JustinR32
03-20-2006, 07:41 AM
IMO it`s gonna be pretty tough to find a functionally-equal alternative to the Griot`s. GC might be a good OTC wash, but after having used the Griot`s I gave my GC away- there is absolutely no comparison lubricity-wise (at least with my water). Haven`t tried the NXT, but the Griot`s prompted me to retire my #00 and #62, along with my Pinnacle.

I`ve pretty much decided to just pay Richard whatever he`s asking...this is one of those known-quantity things where I`m not gonna do much experimenting since I`ve found the wash that works perfectly for me.

Wow. Coming from the King of the Car Wash that says a lot. Those are four great car wash soaps getting knocked down bang-bang-bang-bang. It might be time to try something new.

Tom

Accumulator
03-20-2006, 10:14 AM
Mosca- Heh heh, "King of the car Wash" :chuckle:

I appreciate your open-mindedness, it`s not like you haven`t tried different stuff over the years. I`m still waiting for somebody to say "I used to use Griot`s but xyz has better lubricity, cleans better, is milder on my LSP, and comes in gallons". When somebody who`s familiar with the Griot`s says something beats it in all those respects I`ll be first in line to try it for myself. I`ve heard of some that supposedly come close, but nobody`s said that anything definitely *beats* the Griot`s as best I can recall.

Oh, and note my disclaimer about "at least with my water". As with laundry detergents, I think there are some wildcard-type variables that factor into these discussions. Just because some highly-regarded shampoos worked poorly for someone, that doesn`t make them lousy for everyone.

pingable
03-20-2006, 03:10 PM
Yo sneek.....have you had a chance to use the Griots CW.

Believe me.....the lubricity is NIGHT AND DAY if you have ever had a chance to use it. Maybe it is a water thang. I recall using some Mothers soap and while one bottle worked really well for me, another bottle I bought - I relegated it for the wheels after 2X of using the same bottle.

Accumulator.....what griots stuff do u like ;-)

Other than their Car Wash, I do like their Interior Cleaner and Leather Scent .

Accumulator
03-20-2006, 07:54 PM
ChefWong- Interior cleaner, glass cleaner, wheel cleaner, undercarriage spray, leather treatment & rejuvenator, BHBs for wheels, the little BHBs (15220 IIRC), SpeedShine. There`s probably some more stuff but I can`t think of anything else right off hand...the rubber cleaner is OK for stuff where you want a *very* mild product. I have the buckets with casters and a bunch of other stuff, but a lot of it was received as gifts.

Hey, Moe!
03-20-2006, 09:28 PM
I will second the Griot`s Car Wash, Interior Cleaner, and Undercarriage Spray. As Accumulator said, anything mixed with water (car wash) has a "wild-card" factor, but the products I mentioned are keepers.

Interior Cleaner is a spot-remover on funiture and carpets here at the apartment. It works well.