PDA

View Full Version : sonus or meguiars

Dave980
03-18-2006, 01:09 PM
Are sonus products any better than meguairs?

White95Max
03-18-2006, 01:24 PM
These questions are asked all the time, and they`re truly worthless. It`s like asking where the fishing`s better...a lake or a river. It`s such a terribly broad question that nobody can answer it.

volunteer1816
03-18-2006, 04:50 PM
These questions are asked all the time, and they`re truly worthless. It`s like asking where the fishing`s better...a lake or a river. It`s such a terribly broad question that nobody can answer it.

Totally agree. It is 100% opinion and you should try as many things as you can to make up your own mind. What I may think is a great combo...say on black, may be the exact opposite from what the next guy thinks.

I would recommend reading the forums for a while. Many times they can help guide you in a particular direction for what you are trying to do.

sneek
03-18-2006, 05:16 PM
i agree with the above but i am starting to become 99.99% meguiar`s.. because of the amazing customer service

but then again i have not tried sonus

White95Max
03-18-2006, 05:25 PM
i agree with the above but i am starting to become 99.99% meguiar`s.. because of the amazing customer service

You must not have tried ExcelDetail either. :)

Alfisti
03-19-2006, 04:37 AM

Dave, as has been mentioned, it`s a difficult question. How *I* would answer it is that both brands make great products but Sonus is more specialized for the enthusiast. Because of that, I think all of their products are excellent. Megs make excellent products for the professional/detailer, and products for the average consumer which can be very good or not. :)

Oh...welcome to Autopia. :welcome

Accumulator
03-19-2006, 11:13 AM
Dave980- Welcome to Autopia!

FWIW, IMO the Sonus clay and lube (especially the green ultra-fine clay) are really special and well worth trying.

But other than that, yeah, you can`t really make meaningful broad-based comparisons between manufacturers.

Lowejackson
03-20-2006, 08:01 AM
It might be easier to say they are both good brands

TigerMike
03-20-2006, 08:09 AM

Are you talking about just the polishes, or just the waxes or the whole lines, or... :nixweiss