PDA

View Full Version : Claying and AIO steps

Pennypacker
03-18-2006, 11:44 AM
May I please get some advice on the correct claying/AIO procedure? I already have a glaze, sealant, and multiple layers of wax on my car. I want to use clay, so should I clay with all this stuff already on my car then apply the AIO, or should I use AIO first, then clay. If it`s the latter, then do I need to use AIO a second time after claying to proceed to the polish/glaze/wax steps? I`ve never seen a procedure outlined where someone went straight from the clay/rinse process to polishing.

I`m not sure if it`s true, but I have always thought that claying should be done on a paint surface that doesn`t have anything on it, which is why I`m confused. Also, I`m not sure if clay is meant to take off waxes and the like, a job for which AIO is specifically designed. Thanks in advance.

imported_Neothin
03-18-2006, 12:33 PM
Claying is more than likely going to strip off all the products that you have on the car right now... I would just wait a bit until they all start to deteriorate. In other words, why ruin a perfectly good LSP setup?

anyways, the process is wash/clay/AIO. If you`re going to be polishing out defects though, save AIO until after you polish, aka wash/clay/polish/AIO/LSP